r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Playing borderlands while using Hamachi...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Playing borderlands while using Hamachi...  (Read 15207 times)
Mr. Wimples
« on: October 30, 2009, 06:53:24 pm »

Me and some friends are trying to use Hamachi to play Borderlands and are having some problems. We have all of the Lan connections needed and have double, triple, and quadruple checked these connections with other applications. We checked on a separate site that tells us how to use Hamachi to LAN with Borderlands (Site here: http://saikit.ca/how-to-play-borderlands-on-hamachi/), and if nothing shows up on the server browser we were instructed to use ForceBindIP. The ForceBindIP installed correctly because CMD recognizes the command. When I entered the line "ForceBindIP 5.127.179.131 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\borderlands\Binaries\Borderlands.exe" int CMD, the command prompt returns with the message "The system cannot find message test for message number 0x2331 in the message file for application". I also used the -1 command and got the same results. All of our computers are running Vista (ugh, I know) and in your ForceBindIP page it lists windows versoins that won't and will work; Vista isn't there. If you have any information that could help us just post it here or e-mail it to me at "mrwimples@yahoo.com". Any help is much appreciated.
Mr. Wimples
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:15:03 pm »

Oh, and if it appears like I don't know at all what I'm talking about, I probably don't, so please let me know. -_-'
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 02:21:42 am »

I haven't tested ForceBindIP on anything newer than XP so you're already in unfamiliar territory. The one thing I can suggest trying is using ForceBindIP -i (dash eye, not the number one) in case you were doing that. Also you may need to try running from the application folder for it to find the data files, eg, start, cmd

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\borderlands"
ForceBindIP 5.127.179.131 Binaries\Borderlands.exe

JamesSimon

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:45:54 am »

Hamachi most of the time gets effed up. i do use this for gaming online, i dont get errors on it, nor do technical stuff. its install and play for me. good luck to you.

ps. try re-installing Hamachi
Karachi123

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 04:01:20 am »

Yep this is fine, try it
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Playing borderlands while using Hamachi...
Jump to: