r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Anitcheat Failing To Connect
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anitcheat Failing To Connect  (Read 7181 times)
dk_sn1p3rGuest
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:53:24 pm »

When I'm connecting to vrx.dyndns.org i'm not sure if this is the same with other mods or not  or other servers or not... but when I connect to this server, perodically on map load it will give a msg saying to use anticheat when I have the dll in my q2 dir.  Also sometimes it fails to load with r1q2 and then retrys and I connect to the server with it saying i'm not using anticheat dunno if it's actually loading or loading and saying it's not loaded etc...

I've never been able to load EGL and connect to the same named q2 server it always retries and never loads appropiately...

APRQ2 does something differant when I connect to the named server it loads but it loads to a screen of nothing i've got sound just not video, the video is the color of the console hud it's odd...  I think thats just a bug with APRq2 it will only load opengl in 640xXXX resoluion...

I was hoping to be able to connect to servers with egl once in a while for the eye candy but thats just not working atm...
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 09:58:20 pm »

Has it done this recently, ie this evening? The anticheat server had a few hiccups since Wednesday, they should be resolved now. I've also improved reconnecting a bit in the new anticheat.dll that should be done this weekend sometime.
dk_sn1p3rGuest
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 01:56:37 am »

Yes I'm still getting players that are having issues that anti doesn't connect during certain times...  One example is someone on our server was downloading something a bittorrant and his anti didn't connect...  I still catch a few people who can't even get r1q2 to turn over but I wish I could get more info and see if it's just there configs or what the issue is there...  I haven't had issues today connect with anticheat.  I do however wish I could get EGL to connect to that named server I haven't tried egl with any others but all egl does is keep reconnecting saying anticheat couldn't load...  I don't really like egl over r1q2 because your client is far better I just like egl to take screenies for the eye candy...

If there are any other issues I can dig up info on i'll be sure to post...  Keep up the good work Rich!

--dk_sn1p3r
dk_sn1p3rGuest
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 02:03:05 am »

That person who couldn't get r1q2 to turn over has a shitty computer and uses software mode.  He said it tries starting goes to black screen and fails to load... I think I read somewhere on r1ch.net that software mode is unsuported for r1ch.net is that true or am I immagining things?
dk_sn1p3r

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 02:06:09 am »

And he's using windows 95... uhh yeah I guess that ones a lost cause lol... sorry for posting so many times and wasting time LOL
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Anitcheat Failing To Connect
Jump to: