r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: What non-anticheat client would you like to support anticheat?
Poll
Question: What non-anticheat client would you like to support anticheat?
NoCheat 2.34
NoCheat 2.40
Quake II v3.20
Q2Pro
q2advance

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Print
Author Topic: What non-anticheat client would you like to support anticheat?  (Read 34277 times)
R1CH
Administrator

« on: November 06, 2006, 01:44:54 am »

This probably won't happen as supporting extra clients is a fair bit of work, but I'm somewhat curious. If I were to support another client, what should it be and why? Vote and post your answer! If your client of choice isn't listed, suggest it and I'll update the poll. Please note this poll is not the place to discuss Win 98 or Linux or any other unsupported OS, please suggest only Windows clients.
Maurox?

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 08:21:51 am »

Linux..... Sad...just a joke Tongue

I think that would be nice to support new clients that have improvements with OpenGL. Those clients in the list are old and r1q2 kick their ass.
Bossman

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 09:31:58 am »

I would have to say Quake2 just because if anyone DL's quake2 for the first time and never played well it would be hard for them to play if there was no support. After all it is an original so that would be my vote and my reason, we don't need to make it hard for all the would who may  try the game for there first time online. Imagine a kid gets the game then loads it up goes online to play and not 1 server allows him in to play it. I think and hope this never happens but most of us are paranoid over the cheats just a bit to much and want to force  the use like in the past and even some now. All that does is run off the new players or the players who really don't know how to install or update or even don't know why they are not allowed in cause all they do is play when they get a chance.  So while the others have there good points also I chose the original cause that is really where we all started this game anyway....Unless you go back furthere for some of us grin.....

PS:  huh Sorry did I say kid I ment to say kid at heart...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:34:07 am by Bossman » Logged
shovel

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 10:00:00 am »

imo about 30-40%  of q2 players still use NC2.40 as compared to about 5% using 3.20

It would be nice to see nc2.40 and stock 3.20 both be supported wink
WORM.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 10:22:29 am »

What ^ said. Give me 2 votes.  wink

There are still many players using 3.20, out of ignorance or apathy, and a number use NoCheat 2.40. The other clients in your list are not allowed on my servers anyway.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 02:36:27 pm »

I forgot to mention, supporting any of these clients would require a client update - ie 3.20 users would have to download an "anticheat enabled" 3.20 exe, the original vanilla .exe would of course not work. Same with NoCheat and any other client, the exe has to be updated to actually load the anticheat or it simply won't work.
WHO

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:55:18 pm »

q2a simply because more than a few of the guys that play in our servers were & still are passionate on the thing.

personally .. linux as we have a few players using it that I'd love to see pulled into a level playing field  grin
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 02:56:09 pm »

q2a probably wouldn't be supported as-is due to the built in cheats (timers). Any supported client must not have any built in advantages like this.
WHO

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 02:57:08 pm »

yeah I agree fully which is why it was practically the first 1 I had QW give me a few tips on how to exclude it in the r1 cfg Cheesy
emperphis

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 03:02:50 pm »

I'd mention AteQ2... it's not very known but I do like it due to:
1.r1q2 based engine;
2.international keyb support;
3.winamp features quite simplified comparing to aprq2.

R1CH has mentioned before that we'll never stick to winamp features and such but I'd say that implementation of international keyb support would make me very happy! For those who have different from british keyb layout just wouldn't have to guess where the hell are those damned keys u wanna press to make some chars! Well i can be a bit annoying by this as I've asked several times before :s
Nevertheless I voted for q2pro since it supports MVD (majormajormajormajormajor thing) and some nice graphic enhancements.. Dunno much about the netprotocols used but I've read somewhere that r1ch 'approved' the idea (protocol 36)

EDIT: and wouldn't a vote for something that is still beeing developed make more sence..!?
Elysium

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 04:15:55 pm »

I voted for 3.20 simply because many new players that try R1Q2 (in order to use AC) end up reverting back to their old client because of cl_async being enabled.

I realize how it's beneficial to have a decoupled frame and packet rate, but when the main obstacle to most new users is figuring out how to disable this one feature then I think it would be better to have it disabled by default.

Whenever I try to recommend R1Q2 or AC to other players it's usually inevitable that I end up having to explain this to them.

Supporting the 3.20 client shouldn't be necessary IMO.
user2k7
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 12:45:14 am »

nocheat 2.40

cheat reaper Cheesy:Cheesy cool
klux

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 09:15:32 pm »

nocheat 2.40 and/or quake II 3.20 , PLEASE !

I hate when some clients changes the the in-game 'moves/mouse movement', I just need a clean client compatible with the anitcheat, without gl tricks, etc.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 09:42:35 pm »

What's wrong with R1Q2 then? It is a simple, clean client, plenty of options for mouse movement if you don't like the standard Windows input, along with R1GL which has 32 bit textures and a few other nice features.
klux

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 10:05:13 pm »

I dont know, but I feel the mouse movement and the strafe jumps a little bit different, comparing with nocheat240.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: What non-anticheat client would you like to support anticheat?
Jump to: