r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: one more r1gl problem
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: one more r1gl problem  (Read 7016 times)
ficha

« on: February 27, 2007, 07:56:26 am »

I'll start from the begining. I used q2pro v012 for 3 years, and had to install r1 couse of q2pro was prohibited on eq2l and our russian servers were forced to r1q2.. I spent the whole day to customize new client, and finally it was close to the ideal. But, what a shit, i've lost my particles, chain bullets blood splashes.. Only in a few days i felt real  advantage of this shit.
Yesterday i clicked on r1update inadvertently at about 9pm, then tried to play.. everything was ok, but my particles returned again, i tried to find older versin of ref_r1gl to kill particles but failed.
Then I found this forum and some topics about r1gl+ati videocards, couse i have radeon xt9600 too, and was surprised not only that I have such a problem and from r1glchangelog i understood that something is updating, am i right? but i had no time and had to leave.
I returned to about  4 am, updated r1q2 added gl_ext_pointparameters "0" to my cfg.. my particles were killed..
BUT.. my graphics were dead too.. weird, but i had such a feeling that 8bit textures "on". like a vague spot on the floor.. i didn'g have this shit before i updated r1 last time about 4 30 am

here i have some screenshots of this shit

wision

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:36:35 am »

what gl_picmip do you use?
ficha

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 08:44:13 am »

gl_picmip 2
if i change vif_ref to gl this shit disappears
but all was ok on vid_ref r1gl with gl_picmip 2 before i had updated it
wision

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 09:07:50 am »

try gl_picmip 0 and vid_restart
ficha

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 09:18:52 am »

2wision: i like to play with picmip 2

i 've fixed it Cheesy
i bet no one could guess what was the problem
this night i changed my dysplay color to 16bit to play one old game and forgot to change it back
feel myself dumb :]
/delete topic
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: one more r1gl problem
Jump to: