r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: sv_anticheat_disable_play bug
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: sv_anticheat_disable_play bug  (Read 6504 times)
zbone

« on: April 11, 2007, 05:04:28 am »

I was PM'ed R1CH in IRC about this bug but it wasn't fixed in last build so I will post it here - maybe he forgot Smiley
When sv_anticheat_disable_play = 1 clients are not allowed to execute play cmd. But when client looses connection with anticheat server play command immidiatly becomes available. It's quite annoying when running duel league with forbidden counters and this rule cannot be implemented.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 04:23:46 pm »

Set sv_anticheat_disconnect_action so it kicks on a disconnection then, as if a disconnection occurs there is no longer a way to prove they aren't cheating. A client should never disconnect unless they have some kind of problem with their system or router that makes them unable to keep a connection open.
zbone

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:13:32 pm »

So it will keep kicking players just because of some connection problems between client machine and "omg how distant.." USA AC server. It's not a good decision. I suppose player cant start cheating ingame after succesfull connect. And if this will be forced on any tournaments like we did then it will make lots of problems. Why is that problem to make it block play cmd until map ends and server will force client to reconnect?
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 01:29:36 pm »

Because there's no guarantee it will stay blocked, a cheater could use hacks or anything else and since there is no anticheat server connection, the anticheat client won't be able to report any of it. Really there is no reason why a client should not be able to stay connected as this is really no different than any other TCP connection, eg WoW or a file download.
zbone

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 01:36:10 pm »

Hm. R1Q2 blocks play cmd. Isn't it? So why it can't be blocked until reconnect? I don't see why you look at player with dropped connection during game as cheater.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 01:46:53 pm »

A dropped connection means that anything the client does on their end is never reported to the server any more. Since anticheat is designed to prove that someone is playing legitimately, there is no way to verify they are any more, so assumptions are made.

I'll see if I can improve the code, perhaps instead of TCP keepalive I'll use null packets or something since there should not be a problem in this regard.
zbone

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 02:19:24 pm »

Hm. Looks like I am not clear enough Sad
Yes, connection was dropped but game is still going on and server settings says that play cmd must be blocked on client. Why should it be unlocked if connection to AC server was lost? I don't see any sense. Because exactly this bug allows client with purpose disable connection to AC server and unlock play cmd and we can't do anything about this not breaking game for fair people who usually lost their connection for no reason.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: sv_anticheat_disable_play bug
Jump to: