r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: picking up correct model
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: picking up correct model  (Read 20554 times)
Bossman

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 09:26:58 am »

Anticheat does as you say in stopping blatant cheats, hacks, etc. It does not decide what skins are allowed on any server but it does enable server admins to determine what is or is not allowed and use anticheat to enforce their decisions. Each individual server determines what else is enforced or not enforced.

I don't need to research what I am talking about its right there in your quote......Maybe you shoud research what I said....
WORM.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 03:45:27 pm »

I would....only problem is no one has been able to translate what you said into English.  wink
Bossman

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 07:04:47 pm »

Wow... That really hurts me so bad I think I may need a moment...... Ok
Yea going there Worm is really lame cause you mad me do it too...Your a idiot and its not your fault its your dads he should have shot you off in the sink..... evil

The job of anticheat is to stop cheats everyone I think understands this much. So then if you think you should not have certain things on your server that's fine too. What you don't understand is that your so called decisions are for your server to enforce not the anticheats server. It only is supposed to stop cheats. So "for instance" if you don't want a skin on your server then you stop it from your end. If anticheat knows it is not a cheat then it has no reason even if you want it to because it is not a cheat. The problem is you just don't want players to use them things because now you make the determination of what  a cheat on your server is, when in fact its not a cheat at all. So if you don't want it you should remove it from being allowed on your server by your server. You don't like the fact that they can use it I guess even if it is not cheating so the only way for you to stop it is to use anticheat server. That means you are judging what a cheat is all of a sudden not the anticheat server. It is just enforcing you decisions of what a cheat is on your server which it should not do because that is not what it is supposed to do, that is what your server is supposed to do. It must really bother you to think someone might be able to use something that helps them see better or even have better colors, the point is if all servers say its a cheat then the anticheat should stop it for all. These things don't really help players shoot aim or get better skills. I am a people person what are you? I do think some players happen to need some help and just because others may use it too is no big deal. You seem to act like it makes them better. You seem to forget its a game for fun and entertainment I don't. All you want to do is keep arguing about it and there is no argument. You want me to keep explaining something I really don't need to. 

The Bottom line of what I said is easy..
 Anticheat is for stopping cheats and hacks and stuff all admins as one deem cheats. If its not a cheat to all then the anticheat server has no reason to enforce a decision of a server, If so rename it to the decision server. And then let the decision server run you server too. If you have a problem still understanding my English I guess then that is another one of your problems not mine so can't help you there sorry. I am not going to bother with this issue no more nor you childish gestures or remarks you want make.
Snake

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 07:39:14 pm »

For heaven's sake, use that spell check button...

Please answer my earlier question: HOW should we stop certain skins or sounds being used without the use of anticheat?

Also, please answer: why is a bright skin or a modified color palette not a cheat, in mods where darkness is essential to the gameplay?

Don't reply with another long rant without any newlines or paragraphs, just answer those two simple questions. Thanks.
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 06:16:35 am »

Bossman,

You fail to understand that the anticheat DLL enforces the decisions about what is a cheat for each server according to the rules that that particular server sets. The individual server operator sets what files he will allow to reside on your client while you play on his server. The majority cheats are client-side, not server side. Therefore the server has no way of forcing a client to obey it's rules without some kind of client-side code that can be trusted to obey the game server. This is all the anticheat DLL does. You say, "if you don't want a skin, stop it from [the server] end". Well, how can the server KNOW the client obeyed the command if it can't trust the client code? This is what the anticheat DLL provides. Bright skins and spike paks are undetectable if the client code lies to the server. The anticheat DLL is trustable as if there were someone looking over the shoulder of the player like a tournament referee spotting the skins and flagging the cheat.

Special exemptions can be made for disabilities but that is a trust the human problem, not an anticheat problem and it is a decision of the individuals involved.

As for the default list of "cheat" files on the anticheat server, these are a consensus of opinion of many server operators and you have to start somewhere. If a server operator is lazy and accepts the default without question, that's his choice. He may not have the time or inclination to check out every cheat file and see how it affects his server/mod. If you can make a valid case to that operator about why a listed file is not a cheat, then he can simply configure his server to accept that file. It's not up to the world to accomodate a cheat skin you have grown fond of and now can't play without.

If a server has rules you don't like, play on another one. If two servers have different rules, then you are going to have to segregate your cheats to use them on the server that allows them and to remove them when you want to play on the server that doesn't allow them. It's just that simple.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:49:50 am by QwazyWabbit » Logged
WORM.

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 09:25:45 am »

Looks like I touched a nerve there. No need to stoop to gutter insults, Bossman.

It appears cognition is not one of your strong points and your inability to express yourself in a coherent manner does nothing to enhance the perception others might have of your rambling posts.

My sincere apologies if you are affected by any special factors unbeknownst to us.
Bossman

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 10:12:15 am »

LOL sorry about what I sad to you Worm... Do you remember the problem you had there with my English.. I guess that problem got solved now hu. I think I made my point.

apologies accepted...

Snake

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 11:04:22 am »

And I think you just made WORM's point, again.

But, more importantly, you forgot to answer my two simple questions Sad
Bossman

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 10:50:02 pm »

What are you his wife or his bitch?

There is nothing important about anything you said. Theres you answer.
Snake

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 03:52:18 am »

As expected. You are quite willing to post long rants about how bad anticheat is, but when asked how to do what you say we should do, you refuse to answer. Instead it's back to insults.

Funny how you think that my questions were unimportant.. since they totally demolish your entire point. Then again, you always completely ignore posts by anyone that show you're wrong about something.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:57:22 am by Snake » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: picking up correct model
Jump to: