r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: R1ch, it won't even start loading
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: R1ch, it won't even start loading  (Read 6337 times)
Fusion

« on: May 19, 2007, 12:12:49 pm »

Hey, I downloaded the updater thing, which is supposed to take care of it all. Quake2 works on other servers where anticheat is not required, by itself. If i try to run it through r1q2, however, it won't even load. It just crashed all together. Got any ideas?
wision

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:39:53 pm »

updater is supposed to update r1q2/r1gl/anticheat and not to make everything working.. so make sure you got anticheat.dll in your q2 dir...
Snake

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 01:32:14 pm »

No, Fusion, the updater only fixes your stuff after you have installed it, when there are updates, as Wision said. For installing there's the webinstaller at http://antiche.at/files/r1q2-websetup.exe Just run it, and point it to your quake2 directory.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:35:04 pm by Snake » Logged
Fusion

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 08:10:09 pm »

yea, that's what i meant.  I downloaded dll individually at first. Then I downloaded r1q2-websetup.exe and ran that into my quake 2 dir. Still the same problem, quake2 doesn't run; I do get it down there by "start", as if saying it is open, but then i basically have to alt+ctrl+del it.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 08:15:17 pm »

If you click on the taskbar icon and hit Escape, do you hear the menu sounds at all? It might be the window is hiding somewhere. Try alt+enter as well to change video mode. If it still gives you problems, try moving away any config.cfg files temporarily to start from default settings.
Fusion

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 08:52:05 pm »

No idea what happened, but it just started working. It still won't work, if I try to open it with some software and connect, like "the all seeing eye". But now it works individually.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: R1ch, it won't even start loading
Jump to: