r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: .override file
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: .override file  (Read 10726 times)
Mart[1001]
« on: May 14, 2005, 06:16:12 pm »

Hey Rich...
Thx for a great new exe. I've been using r1q2 for about a week now with s-config mod but I run the dll from baseq2 to make the server show as regular DM. The server runs much smoother and all my clients seem to like it. It's great now to be able to type directly into the servers console without laggin everything. And voting with the 'gamemap' cmd means my cycle does'nt keep restarting. It's also nice to know the rcon is safer, which is how I found r1q2 after my latest rcon hacker led me to look for something better than q2admin117.
Anyway...I know you said not to ask you if we dont understand how to use the .override file, but I just wondered if you could possibly post an example file(say q2dm3 with a RL replacing the Hyperblaster) just so I could try to work out the format. Below is what I tried(don't laugh)..but all I got is 'bad entity string size'

maps/q2dm3.bsp
classname "weapon_rocketlauncher"
"origin" "-384 512 -24"

Thx...Mart[1001] The dirty den[82.37.29.122:27910] 6pm-3amGMT
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 10:26:49 pm »

First of all, grab entdump - http://r-1.ch/entdump.exe. Then extract q2dm3.bsp somewhere (eg c:\temp) along with entdump, then goto a cmd prompt (Start, run, cmd), cd c:\temp, entdump q2dm3.bsp > q2dm3.txt, exit

You will now have the original q2dm3 entities in the q2dm3.txt file. Open it in a good text editor (not Notepad) and search for 'hyperblaster'. You should find the entity declaration. Simply replace weapon_hyperblaster with weapon_rocketlauncher and save.

Now goto http://r-1.ch/r1q2gen.php and for the map name, specify "maps/q2dm3.bsp", leave the checksum empty, then paste the contents of q2dm3.txt into the entity string box. Mash the button, and you will now have an override file you can use, eg as q2dm3-rocket.bsp.override which when started with "map q2dm3-rocket" or similar, will load "maps/q2dm3.bsp" with the modified entity string.
Mart[1001]
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 07:22:00 am »

Thx Rich....
I got it working now  smiley
Would just like to say that I did try entdump.exe before I resorted to bothering ya..but I could nt work out the cmd line. I generated a working .override file first attempt after your help, so thx again. I'm off now to have some fun...

Mart.
ps...I needed msvcr71.dll before I could run entdump, but luckily I found one in my football manager 2005 folder  cool
Sparky
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 08:06:56 am »

OMG ITS MART!! Cheesy  shocked
LeonID
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 06:33:49 pm »

r1ch, could you make r1q2gen.php version for linux console, please

(sorry for my english)
P.E.GOSIEWSKI
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 04:28:03 pm »

(sorry for my english)

I join to this request Smiley
zh
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 07:08:30 am »

(sorry for my english)
I join to this request Smiley
Source code is available, you can make it yourself.
Or download it here: http://zh.wz.cz/q2/r1q2gen.txt
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: .override file
Jump to: