r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: Q2Admin 1.17.44 Released - CRITICAL UPDATE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Author Topic: Q2Admin 1.17.44 Released - CRITICAL UPDATE  (Read 96415 times)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 11:43:27 am »

i started a few weeks ago playing with this client.
I got the newest version etc.
And three times it happend so i get kicked from server and it says that im using ZBOT.
is that a known issue ?

btw im playing ActionQuake2

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 04:18:55 pm »

Q2Admin is not a client. It is for administering a server. You might want to try r1q2, q2advance or NoCheat for a client.

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 04:05:57 pm »

where can i get the full version of this and not just the update? i googled for iENO Q2Admin but only found dead links Sad and as i understand it includes newstuff ontop of the killerbee version found on planetquake?

Thanks for the help.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 04:16:47 pm »

this version is a full version, it's just an update to the last version...  iENO helped out on this update, i believe...

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 06:30:59 pm »

Just download the q2admin117 if you it has all the files you are looking for in it.

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2005, 03:36:27 pm »

I just installed q2admin and have a couple of questions for anybody that may know.  do all the q2admin remain in the d:\quake2 directory or should I move them to the d:\quake2\lithium directory?  Second, I enabled q2admin logging but get nothing in the q2admin.log file, any thoughts?

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2005, 08:48:40 pm »

Put  all the files in your both your quake2 dir and the mod dir as far as the log file do you get the qconsole.log or a empty q2admin.log if so try logfile 1

But wait tell you try it out with it in mod dir also it may start working then.

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2005, 09:47:32 am »

All the q2admin files belong in the mod folder for each mod you intend to run it with.

What you get in q2admin.log depends on the settings in your q2adminlog.txt file.

A separate log file will be created by q2admin in the mod folder if this statement exists in the q2adminlog.txt:
LOGFILE: 1 MOD "q2admin.log"

qconsole.log is created by the game engine if you set logfile 1 or 2. If logfile = 1, a new qconsole.log is created each time the server is restarted. If logfile = 2, the file is appended. This only applies to qconsole.log.

Read the documentation that comes with q2admin carefully. There are a lot of settings and a lot of files to learn and maintain.

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005, 10:27:04 am »

2.2. q2admin.txt setup

The configuration file is automatically read from two places.
It first reads q2admin.txt from the Quake2 directory then
from the mod directory.

Anyone wanting to make a configuration specific to a mod
can copy the q2admin.txt into the mod directory and
modify it for the requirements of that mod.

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 10:46:44 am »

But the DLL is NOT loaded from the root folder, only the mod folder, so it makes no sense to put any of the files in the root folder.

Why put a config file in the root, only to be overridden by the identical file in the mod folder? This is a maintenance headache when trying to remember whether to modify a setting in the root folder or the mod folder files. Far better practice to keep those kinds of files out of the root and only put them in the mod folder. This reduces confusion when associating the configuration with the mod or when running different mods simultaneously. The only time it would make sense to have a common file would be for banning purposes or setting up a minimal baseline configuration.

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 07:55:44 pm »

Well then why does it make sence to have it read the files the second time in the mod when it will look in the quake2 dir first? So if they are in the quake2 dir and you have it set it will use that setting for every mod. To have it in mod is so you can set stuff for just that mod if not the same setting as what you have in Quake2 dir. Seems to make sence I am sure it was designed for servers that run more then one mod. Maybe that is why it has the name?

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 08:19:29 pm »

That is good advise too read docs (readme.txt) cause there are different ways it installs, in each and every one though all files are copied to the quake2 dir in the windows case it creates a dir called release for the dll. So as you can see the docs (readme.txt) will help to set it up right for whatever system you have.
   Plus it will cover all the settings and commands in there like Qwazy said.

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 07:29:34 am »

While reviewing the Q2Admin code, I have discovered several critical vulnerabilities in the handling of certain commands that can lead to arbitrary code execution. An updated version, 1.17.44, is now available. Please update any servers using 1.17.43 immediately and please notify any admins you personally know who may be running vulnerable versions.

Linux binary:

Win32 binary:

Source code:

• Patched two critical security bugs exploitable by remote users.

• Patched a security bug exploitable by users with rcon.

• Improved 'whois' command so it does not crash the server.

• Long lrcon commands should no longer crash the server.

• Removed broken NoCheat 2.34 version checking.

• Added proper GPL headers to the source code.

Full details of the security issues will be released in three months.

I want to compile this for linux x86_64, but i guess the source is not enough to compile?? Am i missing somehting? Thanks for the help.

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 09:11:29 am »

You need a makefile to tell make how to build it. Start with this, you may have to modify it for your platform.

CFLAGS = -O -g -DNDEBUG -DLINUX -Dstricmp=Q_stricmp

OBJS =  g_main.o md4.o regex.o zb_ban.o zb_checkvar.o zb_clib.o zb_cmd.o zb_disable.o \
zb_flood.o zb_init.o zb_log.o zb_lrcon.o zb_msgqueue.o zb_spawn.o zb_util.o \
zb_vote.o zb_zbot.o zb_zbotcheck.o

gamei386.so: $(OBJS)
ld -lm -shared -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDFLAGS)
chmod 0755 $@
ldd $@

/bin/rm -f $(OBJS) gamei386.so

$*.o: $*.c
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $*.c

$*.c: $(ORIGDIR)/$*.c
tr -d '\015' < $(ORIGDIR)/$*.c > $*.c

$*.h: $(ORIGDIR)/$*.h
tr -d '\015' < $(ORIGDIR)/$*.h > $*.h

g_main.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
md4.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
regex.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_ban.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_checkvar.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_clib.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_cmd.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_disable.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_flood.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_init.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_log.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_lrcon.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_msgqueue.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_spawn.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_util.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_vote.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_zbot.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h
zb_zbotcheck.o: g_local.h q_shared.h game.h

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 01:17:42 pm »

Q2Admin hasn't been tested on x64 so use at your own risk, I strongly suspect it won't work without some changes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: Q2Admin 1.17.44 Released - CRITICAL UPDATE
Jump to: