r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: Wftrace issues
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: Wftrace issues  (Read 29276 times)
jack
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 01:29:19 am »

Check what is listed under Linker in the Project Properties.  Under Linker you can customize the Manifest File which will be embedded when it builds.  I think this is where you will find the reference to the needed file versions in the dependency.  Any changes here will override any outside manual modifications of the .manifest file.  If you do a clean build, these settings will create a new manifest file based on the settings under Linker Manifest.  It should be there.   Hope that helps.   
Rob
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 05:52:55 am »

Well what ever you have done jack, its now working for me Smiley Woohoo.

Thanks so much for both yours and R1ch's help. Maybe instead of trying to re-compile the version that is broken, just update the download links to the version jack posted after a bit of testing. But it seems fixed for me regardless...
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 11:19:17 pm »

Thanks for your help, finally traced it down to a _DEBUG preprocessor definition. Had no idea that a definition like that could pull in additional dependencies. Fixed versions are now up on the website.
jack
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 11:29:21 am »

Great!  Tested it and no problems. Glad to have helped.  I see the imports to the msvcr lib are totally removed now.  That makes things a lot easier. Wink    I took a look on the newer VS, when switching between Release and Debug via the pull down menu (under Preferences window of the main cpp or exe project) the preprocessor definition toggles from _DEBUG and NDEBUG.  MS really makes you look for all these settings.  I remember finding them easier in Borland CBuilder...   
Again - Thanks for keeping it updated.   
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 02:25:28 pm »

Yeah I decided to just static link to the VC90 CRT to prevent any more random issues like this. Bloats the .exe size a little, but doesn't require any dependencies.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: Wftrace issues
Jump to: