r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: help
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: help  (Read 8138 times)
Rex
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:55:53 pm »

hi I downloaded r1gl-0.1.5.zip. and did the set vid_ref r1gl thing and nothing happens it just say in the command menu that could'nt exec r1gl.cfg and under that it say could not load 3dxgl what do I do? it wont work.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 12:13:51 am »

It looks like you have your gl_driver set incorrectly. Before doing vid_ref r1gl, try setting gl_driver opengl32 or create a baseq2/r1gl.cfg file with the following:
set gl_driver opengl32
Rex
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 01:50:41 pm »

ok affter I did the set driver I did the set vid and it looks very diffrent now its all dark and creepy red outside and before it was all light and plane looking hmm its kinda dark not to easy to see around and for some reason the opening movie thing dosent show its a blank screen with the sounds and the ID part dont even show hmm
Rex
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 06:49:57 pm »

ok well nvm about the dark its fine its just all the light in the room shines on the screen so I cant see so I play games at night when I can see anyway its just the video thats the only thing it gives a blank black screen for video parts like the opening movie and the next level vid and stuff other then that everything is great
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 07:18:58 pm »

OpenGL is definitely darker than software mode. You may want to try the following commands to brighten it up a bit:

set gl_modulate 3
set intensity 2
set vid_gamma 0.5
vid_restart

If you prefer no colored lighting:
set gl_coloredlightmaps 0
vid_restart

Don't forget tot add these to your r1gl.cfg (minus the vid_restart) if you want them to remain permanent.
Rex
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 08:13:31 pm »

ok I'll give that a try does that help the cut scene videos at all?
Rex
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 02:46:49 pm »

im playing Quake 2 if that helps any im not very technecal lol
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 05:01:56 pm »

I don't think theres anyway to improve the cut scenes, I never even have them installed anyway, and my Q2 client R1Q2 does not support them.
Rex
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 07:52:51 pm »

oh ok well the only cut scenes are just telling you what next lvl is nothing special just a map veiw so no bigy i guess and i could always turn it off to watch them and turn in back on after no bigy i guess well thanks for your help
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: help
Jump to: