r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Nvidia and ATI Optimized Drivers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nvidia and ATI Optimized Drivers  (Read 5407 times)
Maurox?

« on: February 07, 2007, 11:19:53 pm »

Hello I know that a lot of people probably know about this, but for those who does not here we go.....

This page, contains NVIDIA and ATI drivers modified for gamers , so you will get the best performance for your video card

http://www.omegadrivers.net

I hope that this will help you Wink
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:22:19 pm by Maurox? » Logged
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 11:25:54 pm »

The ATI tray tools (if this is related) are badly designed and not recommended for use with anticheat. The latest ATI drivers are definitely recommended though for a fix to the gl_ext_pointparameters FPS issue that has plagued ATI for so long. I can't recommend any specific NVIDIA drivers, they've all worked perfectly for me.
l3ft0verz

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 05:56:21 pm »

hey r1ch

so what app do u suggest to replace ati_tray tools...i dont run it anyway
or do i need one at all?

i know a lot of websites seem to suggest powerstrip

the other day i was trying to get my fps over 60 in r1q2 and Wake suggested turning off vertical sync..which has been done, and it works..though only up to 100 (no complaints)

are there other tweaks to do hardware wise that are significant?
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:46:26 pm »

Not really, I don't know about ATI but the plain NVIDIA drivers with no 3rd party tweaks or modifications work just great for me.
shovel

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 09:45:15 am »

I have been using the omega drivers for a long time along with ATI tray tools and anticheat with no issues at all. What problem may arise with tray tools? Just to keep an eye out for it.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 09:50:14 am »

No problem, just they are poorly coded - it seems for example, rather than keeping a handle to OPENGL open for the duration of the program, it repeatedly opens and closes the OPENGL library many times a second which really can't be good for performance...
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Nvidia and ATI Optimized Drivers
Jump to: