r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: random automatic kicks
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: random automatic kicks  (Read 8849 times)
God Virus
« on: February 18, 2007, 12:21:58 pm »

So everyday I'll be playing q2ctf, like today for instance, when I am all powered up with autodoc tech and power shield and have the flag with 24 players in a close game, and am about 1 foot from owning quad when I get:

Disconnected. "YOU HAVE BEEN KICKED FROM THE SERVER" (or something like that), and something about "flood control".

Other times, I get booted from the entire game with some popup alert like "Anticheat: Instruction Failed!".

This is extremely annoying and NEVER happens with quake2.exe. I don't know if I can keep using r1q2, I'm sorry. Please fix these bugs. Thank you for all your efforts.

By the way, this is on "Acmectf.com The Last Resort" server which uses the anticheat server you have. I'm sorry I don't have more accurate error messages.. Maybe I will keep playing and write them down as they occur, as surely they will occur.
Snake

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 12:59:48 pm »

Report this to the server admin, mention the name you play under, if possible when you were kicked, and please make sure you get the message exactly right, not "something like"'. He can check the logs.
godvirus
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 01:03:55 pm »

Thanks, I'll modify my config to see if it helps first, then contact admin.

I made another post with the exact error messages:

http://www.r1ch.net/forum/index.php?topic=1237.0
godvirus
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 12:19:12 am »

I think the disconnects have stopped but I still get a anticheat crash/stop.

A popup alert states: "Failure code: 0x80000009".

What is that?

Thanks.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:53:45 am »

When you get a popup like that, you can press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard and then paste it here. 0x80000009 is a known issue, trying to figure out what causes it. If you can consistently reproduce it, please let me know how. As for the other message, there are no errors like "instruction failed" in anticheat, so I think it perhaps was something else.
Bones
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 09:55:01 am »

Application popup: anticheat : Failure Code 0x80000009

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This was in my event viewer on my laptop.  I thought it was prob on my regular pc, but did it on this too..

Bones
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 01:41:21 pm »

In any event, failure code 0x80000009 only occurs on connection or disconnection, so it should never trip you up mid-game. It is possible there are binds that are flooding rate / fov / hand / etc such that the server kicks you and also during the disconnect you end up with the anticheat error too.
Bones
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:49:46 am »

my fov is 90, and always has been but other than that i wasnt doing anything when i got the error other than speccing.  It was probably 5 to 10 minutes in the game. 

Thanks for all the help

Bones
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 06:51:16 pm »

I would suggest contacting the server admin and asking them to check their logs to see if anything unusual is showing up.
WORM.

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 10:20:21 am »

Nothing unusual in server log, it shows Bones connecting and being dropped 5 minutes later for idling due to the idle limit I enforce. He rejoins right before a map change and log shows him downloading map & textures then being dropped for idling 5 minutes later.

Bones, did you see where you connected and did you idle that length of time? Or did you see error code immediately?
Bones

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 04:34:12 pm »

I was specing and got the error code maybe 5 to 10 minutes,  but usually i get the error code it does not show i was dropped for idling or anything.   When i get dropped for idling i see that and just reconnect.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: random automatic kicks
Jump to: