r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: ForceBindIP - doesn't seem to work as expected?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ForceBindIP - doesn't seem to work as expected?  (Read 9337 times)
svsys
« on: September 25, 2008, 03:24:03 am »

As described by the author, ForceBindIP should do exactly what I need. I have several network adapters, and beyond each adapter's subnet (and a router respectively) I have other RFC1918 private networks. The issue is that some of those private networks are overlapping and I need to bind SecureCRT to the adapter I want, so I can direct the traffic to certain private network without relying on Windows routing table. Well, with SecureCRT and with cmd.exe - ForceBindIp doesn't work. Here are the commands I tried, just for reference of the syntax:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ForceBindIP x.x.x.x "C:\Program Files\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.EXE"
C:\WINDOWS\system32>ForceBindIP -i x.x.x.x "C:\Program Files\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.EXE"
C:\WINDOWS\system32>ForceBindIP x.x.x.x C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32>ForceBindIP -i x.x.x.x C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

I tried on XP SP2 and Server 2003 R2 and it just doesn't seem to do anything! The applications start normally, but all the network traffic is routed according to the Windows routing table. Am I missing something? Any ideas?
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:11:47 pm »

There is no way to bypass the Windows routing table from ForceBindIP.
pamam

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:36:40 pm »

Hi,
I'm trying to bind some socket apps to two different adapters on XP SP2 machines and it does not seem to work correctly, it could be the args for my app are wnding up in the wrong order because my port is first then my network UDP string x.d.e.r;224.100.100.149 but my network is showing up in the port location of the my app's GUI.
Since my app displays the port in the port location every other way I run it: it looks like the port and network args have been reversed, but I'm only quessing.
Is the source code available for this application ForceBindIP.exe and it's accessories, maybe I could change it some for my application? 
Also we are going to eventually run this on win2k3 so would include another change.
Any help would be appreciated!!!

I tried to run it with the args reversed and I got the same results as always which tends to indicate that is what is happening.

Any suggestions?Huh
Mel
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:47:36 pm by pamam » Logged
Celo63
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 11:58:45 am »

Will ForceBindIP work with Windows Vista 32 bit?
Mel Pama
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 01:00:16 pm »

I have no idea, since I'm not interested in running it in Vista because we don't hae vista.  Are you suggesting that Vista is like win2k3 or are you interested in running it on Vista yorself??
Celo63
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 01:07:37 pm »

I'm interested in running it on Vista myself.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: ForceBindIP - doesn't seem to work as expected?
Jump to: