r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: Dedicated server set port
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dedicated server set port  (Read 13697 times)
P.R

« on: January 22, 2009, 06:56:52 am »

So finally iīve decided to switch from Battle to Opentdm server... All seems to function well for me except one thing: I canīt set port  huh If i start the server by  the command +set port 27920 whithout port given in server.cfg the server will default to port 27910. If i start the server whith port given in server.cfg and no port specified in the start command same thing happens. In both cases the consolemessage "port is write protected" as well as "ip is write protected" appears.

Environment is win32 and latest r1q2 dedicated.exe. Any help is most welcome!
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 05:12:35 pm »

It sounds like you have something that is loading the map or otherwise starting a game before the config runs. ip and port cannot be changed after startup, but both should definitely be settable via the command line as command line arguments are processed before anything else. Ideally, make sure there is no map command in your config, and run q2 like this:

r1q2 +set game opentdm +exec server.cfg +map q2dm1

where server.cfg sets ip, port, other settings, etc.
P.R

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 04:57:52 am »

Yes, it sure was a map command at the bottom of my server.cfg... Really clumsy of me =(  Thanks for the help!
wision

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 06:11:33 am »

that's weird.. I know that P.R downloaded my config for OpenTDM and they are used on many european servers, but this case didn't occur on any of them. how come that "r1q2 +set game opentdm +exec server.cfg +map q2dm1" doesn't behave the same as "r1q2 +set game opentdm +exec server.cfg" where there's "map q2dm1" on the bottom of server.cfg?
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 04:51:32 pm »

If that is exactly how it is set, then they will be identical. However the map in server.cfg is not something I recommend since if extra command line parameters are added they may not apply, or if you have more than one .cfg, it becomes hard to track which one loads the map.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: Dedicated server set port
Jump to: