r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: UDPXfer: supporting both active and passive connections?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UDPXfer: supporting both active and passive connections?  (Read 3755 times)
Rix
« on: August 14, 2009, 03:56:48 pm »

On the UDPXfer page it sais 'supporting both active and passive connections'.

Bear with me, I'm pretty noob, but I was under the impression that UDP is 'connectionless'.  And I was wondering, is it possible to use UDPXfer to transfer files between two PCs both of which are behind a varsity gateway that does not have portforwarding enabled - which ofc means I can run ftp servers on neither of them.

I need to ask this, because i need to setup alot of other stuff like socks2http proxy tunnels ect ect before i can even try it.  So all I need to know is, if it is possible.

Any help appreciated.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 05:41:57 pm »

Hi,
You need at least one side of the connection to have an open port to be able to initiate the transfer. Depending on the NAT in use, it is possible that both sides could still communicate, but they would need a 3rd party server (see STUN) for it to work.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: UDPXfer: supporting both active and passive connections?
Jump to: