r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: bug with r1gl 0.1.5.24?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: bug with r1gl 0.1.5.24?  (Read 8795 times)
Impulse^

« on: April 19, 2005, 11:39:03 am »

Hi!
First of all, great job r1ch!

But..
There seems to be some kind of problem displaying some of the icons (I've made for my pack) in the latest version of r1gl.

The first image is before version 0.1.5.24, (don't mind the icons being too big.. haven't had time to resize them Smiley)
In the image you see how my HUD used to look like, pay special attention to the weapon icon.

The second image is what my pack looks like now, the weapon icon has disappeared and there is a buggy image/icon at the trigger of my sniper.

In the third picture I renamed my pack so it wouldn't load and used the original aq2 icons. As you can see the size of the akimbo pistol icon is _a bit_ too large, blocking vital info like health, ammo and such. Also with my pack enabled it totally ignores my weapon icons and uses the original ones. Update: One of my clanmates said that it seems like my client uses the weapon skin instead of weapon icon.

When I put in version 0.14 of r1gl the icons were again like in the first picture.
What could be the cause of this?

And also a secondary question, could you  implement automatic icon resizing? (I know it is possible since a client called aprq2 uses it.)

Thanks, Impulse^

« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 12:03:12 pm by Impulse^ » Logged
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 06:24:39 pm »

0.1.5.24 implements alpha transparency for pics. It's likely your crosshair / hud icons have some incorrect alpha information if they are not appearing in this build. I don't really see the point of automatic icon resizing, surely it's better to just resize them manually to the correct width/height?
Impulse^

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 04:29:13 am »

Thanks for the reply.
I had an extra set of weapon icons in a folder named pics, don't know how long they've been there but until 0.1.5.24 the icons were not loaded from that directory. I use .png for my images and the ones messing up the HUD were huge .tga pics.

And your right, the auto re-sizing is no biggie, it just seems like when the client itself re-sizes the images (ie. from a 120x120) the quality and detail of the icons are alot better. Maybe it's just my imagination. grin
You've already made your client the best one yet, so please feel free to ignore the re-sizing Smiley

- Impulse^

Frog1
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 11:31:32 am »

I have the same problem with this Iconpak:

http://marlporo.pp.fi/aq2/huds/fullsets_ghettopaek.zip

With nocheat they look normal.
These are also TGAs...  maybe there is a little bug or something.

Bye
Frog1
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 11:47:47 am »

The hud icons in that pak appear fine to me, however they are larger than the size required by Q2 so they do not draw correctly.
Frog1
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 02:20:21 pm »

Nocheat has the same problem...
Apr can handle it!
Impulse^

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 03:12:57 pm »

Nocheat has the same problem...
Apr can handle it!

AprQ2 uses automatic icon resizing. That's why those icons look normal in it. It's not really a problem.. it's a feature other clients (that I know of)  than AprQ2 don't have.

Quote from: Impulse^
And also a secondary question, could you  implement automatic icon resizing? (I know it is possible since a client called aprq2 uses it.)

Quote from: R1CH
I don't really see the point of automatic icon resizing, surely it's better to just resize them manually to the correct width/height?

As you see, it was discussed earlier already Smiley

Frog1
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 09:09:23 am »

Okay... its not very important, but i think the source of apr is free.
And its a nice feature...
Maybe r1ch could put the code into r1q2...
If this is not planned im trying to resize the pic for myself...

thx
Frog1
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: bug with r1gl 0.1.5.24?
Jump to: