r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Location metavars
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Location metavars  (Read 9195 times)
bushwakko

« on: March 28, 2010, 01:16:42 pm »

I got this from the README:

Location Reporting
Location reporting using $$loc_here for current location and $$loc_there for where you are looking in a chat message or any console command will work, .loc files are loaded from mod/maps/mapname.loc, then if not found, mod/locs/mapname.loc (from the mod dir) and are in a format compatible with most other clients. addloc / saveloc commands are available to create .loc files. Note that saveloc will not work if your .loc file is in a pak file. You can use bash-style curly brackets to do forced expansion of these meta-variables where it would otherwise fail, eg say "I'm at [$$loc_here]" won't work, say "I'm at [${$loc_here}]" is the correct way. Note that location metavars won't be expanded in messagemode / messagemode2. You may also set the cl_default_location cvar, if no .loc files are loaded from the current map then the contents of cl_default_location will be sent in place of $$loc_here.

However, doing say $$loc_here works. but doing say "${$loc_here}" does not work... anyone know anything about this?
badboy711

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:36:30 am »

thank
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Location metavars
Jump to: