r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: Identifying Lan Card for ForceBinIP. Can't set static IP/DNS. How do I identify?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Identifying Lan Card for ForceBinIP. Can't set static IP/DNS. How do I identify?  (Read 7871 times)
jc
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:14:27 am »

The potential of ForceBindIP is huge. Brilliant work!

In this example, the presumption is that the Lan card is on that IP.

ForceBindIP.exe 192.168.2.5 "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

For me  the network connection I want to point to is  is a Samsung cell phone connected via usb currently set to obtain IP and DNS.  I confirmed I  surf through it and see some external IP when I check my IP. I tried setting it's IP to some local subnet, but then I'm not sure what to set my DNS as.

Is there another way to identify that Network connection?  Or can somebody give me some idea on how to set an IP and DNS that will work with my Sprint Samsung Cell phone?

Many Thanks !
cyberpine
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:20:27 am »

Hi. was able to find the ID in the registry.

In my case I'm using ForceBindIP to point a Chrome broweser to LAN Network adapter of a mobile phone connected via USB.

It works.   However, It does seem to disconnect with greater frequency than if I disable the primary Lan Connection and just operate from the only Connection available.  I notice that if I start working on the other primary connection (in IE or Outlook), the new connection (Chrome  to cell phone) heavily it sometimes drops.

I'm seeing these event errors:

Application

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

System log:

Name resolution for the name xxxx.xxxx.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: Identifying Lan Card for ForceBinIP. Can't set static IP/DNS. How do I identify?
Jump to: