r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: "If", "while", "for" functions for console
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "If", "while", "for" functions for console  (Read 10229 times)
dem

« on: April 13, 2007, 11:46:54 am »

Hey

I'm wondering is there any chance to add simple function like "IF", "Switch", or "for", to your r1q2 client ... I'm asking for it beacuse I was testing aprq2, where i found "If" construction and it would be very usefull in creating config file....
Code:
if <expr> <op> <expr> then <command> [else <command>]

And also I found another quite usefull variances eg:

$cl_ammo - show how much ammo player has for current wpn
$cl_health - show numeric value of health

cmd centerprint - show echo message in the center of sreen

So, is there any chance that you would add this things to your great client? I would use aprq2, but r1q2 is more configurateable and I could set 1680x1050 resolution on it...

Regards

dem

ps.

sory for my gramma :E
TgT

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 01:28:11 pm »

No.

You can use custom resolution with APRQ2 but first set gl_mode "-1" and then r_custom*
dem

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 02:28:51 pm »

No.

Who are you in charge in the project that u have asnsered me only "No", and why only "no"?
I shall appreciate any comment to your answer...

You can use custom resolution with APRQ2 but first set gl_mode "-1" and then r_custom*

thnx...
TgT

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 06:53:33 pm »

Who are you in charge in the project that u have asnsered me only "No", and why only "no"?
I shall appreciate any comment to your answer...

Well I was so R1CH like Wink straight and short Smiley He denied many request like that in a past, so...
dem

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 05:52:40 am »

so.. I'll wait to r1ch's respown... I'd like to know his opinion about my request... You know, the "IF" construction might be very usefull in config files...

anyway, I'd make my config without IF construtions, but variances like
Code:
set wpn %w
doesn't work as I want. I can't use them with
Code:
alias text_$variance
for example:

Code:
set wpn %w
bind x wpn_$wpn
alias wpn_RG  "some binds to railgun"
alias wpn_RL  "some binds to railgun"
etc.
that example doesn't work and I don't know why... I was thinking that before the name of weapon, q2 added blank(for q2) symbol like "%", but its not true

I'd set variances when i'm switching between weapons, but it is not practicable
Code:
bind x "use Rocketlauncher; set wpn rl"

.. the registered variances like $cl_ammo (in aprq2) are more pratical ...

I hope that r1ch would add some of registered variances to ammo, health, armor, beacuse aprq2 is a bit worse then r1q2 and I used to play only on r1q2...

so r1ch, i'm waiting to your respown...

regards

dem
http://q2tdpm.pl
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 01:24:49 pm »

Health, armor and ammo are game concepts that exist only on the server, it's bad design on the part of the client to try and interpret such values. The 'if' command is also probably not going to happen as I recall it was able to be used in some manner of cheating fashion (I don't have the specifics though).
dem

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 06:46:25 am »

ok... I agree... Ur afraid of using If constructions in cheat projects... but variances like cl_ammo cl_health cl_weapon are available in aprq2... so, if them available in aprq2 and aprq2 is using antycheat module why u cant insert this variances to r1q2 project?

it would be really usefull... i was tring to made alias with %w (and similar commands) on tdm mod, but it has strange blank chars, so I cant us it...  Plz, just explain why u wont insert those variances into r1q2....

from another hand.... in aprq2 i found centerprint command... could u insert this into r1q2 ?
wision

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 08:17:44 am »

Health, armor and ammo are game concepts that exist only on the server, it's bad design on the part of the client to try and interpret such values.
that's the reason...
dem

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 08:25:13 am »

ehhh... so to use this variances I have to switch to aprq2, right?... cool :/
wision

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 08:32:42 am »

yes.. i understand that it looks weird to user like you, but i also understant that R1CH doesn't want to implement something which is not correct.. and it's just wrong to do some tricky things like aprq2 does (guess so..)
dem

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 08:53:58 am »

heheh... "user like you"... what does it means ?Cheesy

ok, I understand your statement... so i have to find another way to write my cool config... maybe harven (the creator of tdm) would help me - to interpret variances created from %w...

wision

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 09:25:02 am »

it does mean that you are just user who doesn't understand how q2 client works..
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: "If", "while", "for" functions for console
Jump to: