r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: q2advance and timers
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Print
Author Topic: q2advance and timers  (Read 27712 times)
ipool

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2005, 08:20:02 am »

First of all basing your dialog on offensive language only indicates your age to be in the teen range.
Second of all, isnt it just plain stupid to claim q2a to be the standard client on r1q2 forum, while r1q2 has been selected for your own qcon as the standard client?
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2005, 09:18:16 am »

I take it you don't play outside of DM/1on1? Q2a turns into quite a significant cheat client when used with other mods, eg Gloom, Nighthunters which rely on brightness settings - I'm sure there are many more mods where Q2a's features would also be seen as cheats. Thus, q2a is not an acceptable client for use by everyone.

With the same logic, shouldn't we accept that there will always be bots and wallhacks out there and add them also to our clients to make it fair?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 09:33:34 am by R1CH » Logged
ni-ux
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2005, 02:08:01 pm »

r1q2 should not have been selected for qcon, because its creator (a known cracker/lamer) is IN the tournament.

Not to mention the fact thats its simply an inferior client compared to q2a.

If other mods don't function yet, the players of those mods will have to hold off for now, but I'm confident they will be accomodated.

Plus, with non-competitive mods that don't really matter, ie: gloom, they can just use the standard quake 2 client.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2005, 02:11:51 pm »

I really don't have anything else to say but rolleyes
Xtife
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2005, 04:18:46 pm »

r1q2 should not have been selected for qcon, because its creator (a known cracker/lamer) is IN the tournament.

Not to mention the fact thats its simply an inferior client compared to q2a.

If other mods don't function yet, the players of those mods will have to hold off for now, but I'm confident they will be accomodated.

Plus, with non-competitive mods that don't really matter, ie: gloom, they can just use the standard quake 2 client.

ROFL!!!  grin
ep
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2005, 08:56:11 pm »

Trying to claim anything as the standard for q2 is foolish being as people use different clients, and every mod has their own preference.  As it says in the readme, q2a is meant for dm/ra2, and not really any other mods.  If it works in them, cool, if it's considered a cheat in them, you cant really blame q2a.  Default q2 allows you to change brightness values, so if that's considered a cheat something needs to be done about it in the mod, not the engine imo.

Also im going to say that I don't agree with calling people names('eurotrash') etc, everyone's opinion is valid.  Just because someone is from europe doesn't say anything about them, and acting childish doesn't do anything but make people not read what you have to say.

On another note r1ch, if you would really like your protocol 35 to become standard, I think you should put up a tutorial on adding it to other engines.  Would be nice to see all the engines add support for it.
Mart[1001]

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2005, 10:23:04 pm »

I think Rich should keep protocol 35 exclusive to r1q2  wink
They say there's nothing new in the client version...hehe!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 10:26:49 pm by Mart[1001] » Logged
ep
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2005, 11:43:23 pm »

that would be hard since it's already in at least 1 other engine i know of, not to mention is open source

i suggested a tutorial to make it easier on other coders to implement, being as it saves server bandwidth and such too, I dont see why you would want to keep it exclusive to r1q2
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2005, 03:50:32 am »

Check your logs, I already gave it to you once Smiley. http://r-1.ch/r1q2-protocol.txt
ep
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2005, 08:18:59 pm »

oh sweet, i didnt know that had code in it.  i coulda sworn when i looked at it before it was kinda like echon's shader doc?  Maybe not, but thx
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: q2advance and timers
Jump to: