r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: speed cheat kick xs public
Pages: [1] 2  All
Print
Author Topic: speed cheat kick xs public  (Read 8106 times)
blondska
« on: August 11, 2005, 02:10:21 pm »

help please, I am continuously kicked from xs public ctf while using r1q2.exe , reason .. may be using a speed cheat , wtf
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 05:26:29 pm »

You'll need to contact the admin and figure it out with him, it's all down to server settings.
blondska
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 02:25:56 pm »

ahh looks like I am now banned from xs for using speed cheat,   are the xs admins thick or what Smiley
Bossman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 03:50:29 pm »

Did you get kicked for speed cheat or irregular movement. Also what kind of ping do you have in that server? Was you moving when you was kicked or did you lag then get kicked? Or did you just try to use a speed hack and get kicked then banned? One or more of them things mus ta happened. Could be a setting in your config also. You mus ta got banned cause of continuously kicked although I don't understand that because admin wouldn't ban a non treat speed hack if they are getting kicked for it unless you are disrupting game by going back in over and over without fixing it. Some people just don't read warnings that may have been told when they get kicked, they just quit and reconnect. You should read usually there is something from the admin saying something before you get kicked that is still there in your console read it before reconnecting or quiting it could save you from being banned for a map or time.
blondska
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 04:44:20 pm »

Thanks for that bossman,  a few days ago I was randomly kicked for 'maybe using a speed bot'  my connection seemed to be improving and I dont think I was kicked at all yesterday.   However I tried to connect today and my connection is refused.  I am guessing the admin looked at the logs and banned my ip.
Voices{FLP}
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 02:23:36 am »

on my lithium/tech server once in awhile I get a

oldRthnDIRT is using a modified client.
oldRthnDIRT is being disconnected for Speed hack..
oldRthnDIRT was kicked
Dropping oldRthnDIRT, console kick issued.

this happens most offen when yer using a yellow speed rune and a speed tech  yer firing real fast

anyway to tone down or turn off the speed hack check? I went thru my server.cfg's and my q2admin.txt(Q2Admin 1.17.44) files and cant find it.  did I miss it?
Bossman

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 07:02:39 am »

Adjust in you q2admin.txt the "Speedcheat detection" there are like 4 or 5 lines there to set up I don't know what you need to set them too, that you have to figure out.

Voices{FLP}
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 06:10:24 pm »

K I found it   in the q2admin

; Detects if the client has a hacked timescale quake2.exe
;
timescaledetect "no"  <-was yes

;
;   Message that is displayed if the user is detected with a
; hacked timescale exe.
;
timescaleuserdisplay "[Q2Admin] %s is using a speed cheat quake2!!!"

thax for the help Smiley
GiJO

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 07:13:20 am »

Sorry to drag up an old thread. But i'm getting the same problem.

I have setup my own Quake 2 server with R1Q2's dedicated server with q2admin on a separate machine and all the people that play on my server, either on the LAN or over the internet, get kicked with the same messages that Voices{FLP} gets (about 7 different people). I've turned off zbot detection and i've also turned off the timescaledetect to "No" as well and anything else that's cheat related, however people still get kicked. My computer is the only one that doesn't. So i tried copying my version of Quake 2 to someone that does get kicked, and with nothing unchanged, they still get kicked with the same messages.

I did a search on the forum and can't seem to find any solutions apart from the timescaledetect "No" command which i already have set.

Any ideas? I've got all the latest q2admin and r1q2 files. I'm guessing it's q2admin so i'll remove that from the equation and see how i go. It's mostly for friends to play on so the worry of cheating isn't really a big issue. Does q2admin offer anything apart from cheating and limiting clients? does it improve performance?

Thanks in advance
Andy
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 08:32:05 am »

Q2admin really offers nothing in the way of cheat detection beyond very basic and old things such as zbot and frkq2. The amount of false positives it creates in the process are not worth the price of the cheat checking it does. It is however useful to provide extra functionality such as chat bans, limited rcon, reserved names, etc that most mods do not provide natively. Say no to Q2Admin!
GiJO

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 08:36:53 am »

Oh ok... so you think i should just rip q2admin out altogether? or is there a way to disable all the cheat checking it offers, apart from just the "no" option against the few that are listed?

I do find the voting mechanism quite handy, and have not looked at r1q2 to see if it has such a feature.

Could you recommend another enhanced admin mod that doesn't do any cheat checking... just extra features?

Thanks
Andy
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 10:22:33 am »

I don't think theres a way to disable all the checks unfortunately, only some of them. Quadz from tastyspleen.net runs a custom q2admin there which I know has all these checks disabled, but I'm not sure it's publicly available or not.
Mart[1001]

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 11:30:52 pm »

I only use q2admin for the player voting it provides. I've often considered asking you R1ch, if you have ever thought of including a simple map voting routine into r1q2....?
Then q2admin could be scrapped, from my server at least.
Bossman

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 08:09:53 am »

Are you running the q2admin in the quake2 dir and also the mod dir? If you are then also disable the one in the mod some admins sometimes forget to do that shocked........Not that I ever did grin.
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 04:35:27 pm »

I think voting is more of a game function than an engine function. If you have the source for your mod then you might consider adding this to your project:

http://www.clanwos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38288#38288
Pages: [1] 2  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: speed cheat kick xs public
Jump to: