r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: speed cheat kick xs public
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: speed cheat kick xs public  (Read 8289 times)
BobaFeTT

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 08:02:01 am »

That's the problem for L-fire CTF, the source code is lost...
Bossman

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 12:45:52 pm »

The thing is if you disable it and it still kicks for it there must be another setting your missing or not set to default. Do you have timescale in server config set to 1? If not try that and see if it still kicks the default is 1 but if you drop it and set your config to work with it also then you will be only one not getting kicked.
  Try this instead of giving a copy of you version of quake you chould give them your config file to try then see if they get kicked still. I think maybe you are overlooking a setting.
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 08:26:53 pm »

That's the problem for L-fire CTF, the source code is lost...

In that case, it would be better to write a small cascade DLL that only includes the features you need. Yank all the cheat check stuff out of q2admin or start with a stripped down game dll project and hook in the commands you need such as voting or whatever. Then install your simple dll in place of the q2admin dll. This assumes you're a mod coder of course. Smiley
GiJO

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 06:21:56 am »

Ok, it seems like it was q2admin. I've removed it and had a good 6 player session last night for about 3 hours with no kicking.

I'm not playing a mod, just standard Quake 2. I thought i'd get that all working properly and then start doing some mods. Just gotta sort out map/timelimit/fraglimit voting and i think my server is finalised!

I'm not much of a programmer so i wouldn't know what to do with that clanwos vote engine, and i'm using a windows machine as the server Sad

Thanks
Andy
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: speed cheat kick xs public
Jump to: