r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: Kick on text
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kick on text  (Read 2988 times)
BATMAN

« on: October 06, 2005, 09:22:51 am »

Im trying to get server to kick when a certian line is said from the client
example: client says "tree", i want to kick them... with q2admin i can block the message from being said but im looking for a way to kick them from the server.  Anyone have any ideas or done anything like this?
Bossman

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:56:51 am »

Why would you want to kick them too? If the word never comes up it is never said to anyone. Just stopping it should be enought. Kicking is a little extream for a word not really posted at all. What damage is a word never said? That would be like kicking everyone for thinking stuff. They come back and you tell them well I know you were thinking about cheating or saying tree so I kicked you...for example.
BATMAN

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 11:24:49 am »

yeah im trying to find a way to stop invalid codes for some clients, when they connect they spit out the code into the console, im trying to get it so that if the code said is /0/ then kick, i figured the eziest way would be through a ban on a text message but if anyone has any better ideas im open
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 12:46:06 pm »

R1Q2 doesn't currently support this, a cvarban style stringcmd filter is planned for the next release.
Player
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 07:20:21 pm »

Why would you want to kick them too? If the word never comes up it is never said to anyone. Just stopping it should be enought. Kicking is a little extream for a word not really posted at all. What damage is a word never said? That would be like kicking everyone for thinking stuff. They come back and you tell them well I know you were thinking about cheating or saying tree so I kicked you...for example.
This guy's posts are usually not beneficial to the thread.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: Kick on text
Jump to: