r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: server crashed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: server crashed  (Read 10495 times)
JackC

« on: October 28, 2004, 07:41:42 am »

Warning, using 'map' will reset the game. Perhaps you should use 'gamemap'.
Loading maps from "mapcfg/dm.txt"
ERROR: Game Error: ED_Alloc: no free edicts

osp mode after map change
JackC

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 11:30:31 am »

after changed osp configs (map --> gamemap) server seems to be stable
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 12:46:18 pm »

"Game Error" indicates the problem was within the mod dll, in this case osp. I'm planning to add a cvar to allow use of 'map' command since it appears a number of mods use it to work around poor coding.
JackC

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 03:17:43 am »

good idea
majik
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 11:05:34 pm »

I also had this problem with OSP.

JackC: I guess you mean you changed the line for the start map, in your configs, from 'map' to 'gamemap'? I'm running a map rotation and I'm wondering if/how that would fix it..

and the rotation files are nothing but the map file names, with two parameters after each map name to specify the min. and max. amount of players I believe, so OSP can pick a good map to play with the current amount of players.

R1CH: Good job on fixing all of these bugs and security threats. Hopefully if I can get this resolved, I'll for sure be using R1Q2 for my OSP and "TDM" servers.

If this map => gamemap change doesn't fix it for me, I'll be looking forward to seeing this cvar introduced in a later version. Smiley

Thanks,
majik
JackC

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 03:58:04 am »

yesterday or day before i finally switched to r1q2ded(-old) on all ProGamers Q2 servers.

majik> OSP is ok, just change 'map <map>' to 'gamemap <map>' in all server configs.
TDM is still little buggy and little inactive now? i have version 0.8.4 and after
i changed my configs, mod still wants to run 'map <map>' - about twice per second Smiley anyway, it is playable and voting map is ok. maybe map rotation is problem, but i dont need it.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: server crashed
Jump to: