r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Quake 2 with q2admin in LAN?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Quake 2 with q2admin in LAN?  (Read 7882 times)
hajas

« on: March 29, 2007, 03:31:54 pm »

Hello,

anyone here used to admin Quake 2 servers?

I'm trying to setup q2admin to use in my LAN, which have also access from internet... but when I use q2admin any LAN clients can't connect...

I tryed to turn off all (maybe I forgot some) checks, used the versions 1.17, 1.32 & 1.36 and nothing changes, all give connection refused.

is just remove the q2admin settings that everything works...

any old q2 admin still alive on the internet to help me about this problem?

thanks,
Freddy
Bossman

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 04:00:04 pm »

You didn't set a password did you?

also go here..

http://www.r1ch.net/forum/index.php?topic=267.0

read and follow the pages to update..
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 04:03:15 pm by Bossman » Logged
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 12:22:16 am »

Check the serverip "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" setting in q2admin.txt.  If the server is behind a NAT router you will have problems if you set it to a LAN IP address and not it's WAN address. If you are behind a NAT router as you might be with a home based net, be sure to do this:

1. Set server computer for static IP address on LAN.
2. Port forward the UDP 27910 port to the static IP you set in step 1.
3. Find WAN IP address of internet-facing router.
4. Set q2admin as though it were on the WAN IP address.
5. Change settings as often as DHCP changes your WAN IP address else turn off IP address sensitive q2admin settings.
6. Use r1ch's version of q2admin. Older versions are buggy.
hajas

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:06:59 pm »

thanks for the reply!

I found the problem but not the solution...

I didn't put the q2admin files on arena dir, then now we can connect even with the LAN IP or serching a LAN game... of course we put the password...  have in mind that everything is PERFECT on the LAN. Cheesy

BUT, if we disconnect one time, we can't connect again until the server restart.

change the map also didn't works... we need to shut down the server and restart... Sad

I tested with 1.17, because I was afraid that IP config was the problem... I'll test again with the last r1ch version if this will happen again...

any clues about this anyway?

thanks again.
hajas

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 12:20:34 pm »

works better with r1ch version, but seams that checkvars stopped to work?

I can connect and reconnect many times I want, but the checkvars aren't working... anyone already made this thing work?

I have a regular question about q2 servers, is possible to change the mod to a basic DM without shutdown the server and exec another bat???

because I only have permission to execute one BAT in my dedicated server, and is ready only.

so to change to another mod, I need to call them to execute another BAT for me, and this is annoying... Sad

I would like to know if is possible to make a cfg that change the game type too, and how can I change to a basic DM?

set game baseq2???

thanks
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 06:15:13 am »

It is not possible to change mods without restarting the server. The server .exe loads the mod DLL and this only occurs at server startup. r1q2ded (originally quake2.exe) loads the gamex86.dll it finds in the folder determined by the +set game xxxx in the command line.
hajas

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 12:13:02 pm »

it's what I was afraid of... thanks m8! Wink

about the checkvars in q2admin, anyone?
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Quake 2 with q2admin in LAN?
Jump to: