r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: opentdm reported version
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: opentdm reported version  (Read 16042 times)
mhanor

« on: March 08, 2008, 03:12:36 pm »

svn reports that it checked one version (69 in my current case), but the game server reports 68 (inside the menu window)
it's not the first time this has happened, but is it normal?

wision's game server reports 69... maybe he edited the sources; if not, am I missing something?
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 03:23:05 pm »

The version reported in the menu is only updated if you check out from SVN, and it only reports the revision of the g_local.h file (which I try to ensure is synced with the latest global revision, but that doesn't always happen).
mhanor

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 03:44:56 pm »

I always use the svn sources... are there other sources?
I thought that there is another trunk or another svn repository
wision

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 06:00:02 pm »

i don't use SVN (just download the archive), so i have to edit the g_local.h myself.. and i always put actual version
mhanor

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 06:59:18 pm »

I managed to understand from where are you getting the sources: you are using the web interface of the svn repository
if I use the svn client and not the web inteface, that doesn't mean that it automatically modifies the g_local.h file with the actual version Smiley I get the same sources as you do
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 08:40:48 pm »

No, the g_local.h contains an SVN macro, when you check it out over the SVN client, it replaces it with the revision number of the file. Downloading the tarball via the web interface does not expand the macro.
mhanor

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 02:48:26 am »

I always used the svn client to get the latest trunk
the svn reports a higher revision than that available in g_local.h... maybe it's a svn client bug

LE: I tried using TortoiseSVN, a win32 svn client, it's the same thing; I had it checkout the head revision, then I forced it to get the 69 revision... the g_local.h file has revision 68, while the client reports 69

I've compared the sources checked out by the svn client with those from the tarball, they're identical, with the exception of that line in g_local.h
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:22:46 am by mhanor » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: opentdm reported version
Jump to: