r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: Running services using ForceBindIP
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Running services using ForceBindIP  (Read 11441 times)
SWendland

« on: August 04, 2010, 03:34:41 pm »

I need to run a service using ForceBindIP to listen on a specific adapter.  I configured the service to run as the documentation specifies that the command line for ForceBindIP should be configured, but it appears (and I'm new to the program, so this may be by design) that ForceBindIP closes after it initializes the child application that it is setting the bind adapter for.  This obviously causes the service to report that it is stopped.  Is there any way to set this up such that 1) the service is still being reported as being running and 2) allows for use of the service's stop/restart functions.

Many thanks in advance,

SWendland
SWendland

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 07:42:18 am »

No one?  Rich - you out there?  Anyone?  huh
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »

Is there no way to configure the service to listen on a specific IP? I don't have any experience with ForceBindIP but didn't want you to feel ignored. Smiley
SWendland

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:00:45 am »

Thanks, QwazyWabbit.  No, the service binds to the first adapter in the priority list.  I unfortunately ended up having to bring another server online to address this one service.  Looks like either ForceBindIP isn't capable of this or its community just wasn't up to the task of conveying how it's done.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: Running services using ForceBindIP
Jump to: