r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Bitchbot  |  Topic: Authenticating problem
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Authenticating problem  (Read 10536 times)
« on: April 18, 2004, 04:03:26 am »

Hi all!

I wanna say thanks for the great bot you gave us R1CH..
Besides this I have problem with the bot... I am running it on QuakeNet and I have a problem to get it authed.. Well I am not a perl guru and I don't know how to make him auth immediatlely at start.. Is there something that I have to change in the bitch.pl file? The make him auth I have to type /msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org auth username password...

Thank you in advance!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:30:16 am »

I've been using this great b1tch bot for 2 years now.. Coded it a little bit more specifis for our  game-gather channel.. Basically it collects names to topic with !add command..
and when it reaches 12 names -> it configs server + spams msg:s to those who are @topic.. Map voting etc is allowed...

I ran in to this same problem... But figured out it quite easily.. This post comes maybe too late.. But I'm still writing it here..

put $qauth=0 to "variables" sections @bitch.pl

Find sub ALARM_handler # about @ line 128

ADD that Q-Auth section after these commends

#ugh, only way i can think of. i hate fork() and such, there isn't any decent documentation
  #all i wanna do is run a program and have it say "done" somehow to parent when its done.

snd("PRIVMSG Q\@CServe.quakenet.org :AUTH your-q-account-name your-q-account-password);

And there you go Wink

Pages: [1]
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Bitchbot  |  Topic: Authenticating problem
Jump to: