r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: text not drawing completely
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: text not drawing completely  (Read 5541 times)
amarris
« on: August 16, 2007, 09:59:45 am »

For some reason in r1q2 my text doesnt completely draw, making text look broken. ive tried using different paks for different fonts, still same issue. i then tried another client like q2advance and it worked fine. is there some command i can use to fix this? or any what would be causing it?

using a GMA915g grahpics chipset
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:31:12 pm »

Check with the whereis command where your console chars are coming from, you probably have some old pak. Eg: whereis pics/conchars.pcx
amarris
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 08:00:34 pm »

did some various troubleshooting with worm today

1. installed latest drivers - same issue
2. found that using r1q2 client, my text is fine in Software mode only
3. tried changing out pak files to make sure it wasnt custom text causing the problem - same issue
4. reinstalled 3.20 patch and ctf 1.50 patch - same issue
5. turned off some filters and such in the advanced graphics options - same issue

Would this realy be a problem with pak0 file? considering the text rendering works fine in q2advance and normal q2?
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:14:05 pm »

Try different console screen resolutions. I remember the default green conchars looked really bad at some resolutions depending on if you ran it full screen vs. window mode vs. what your Windows desktop screen resolution was.
WORM.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:51:40 am »

amarris, we suggested you change your game resolution to same as desktop but never heard that you tried that before you left the channel yesterday.

We also suggested you shoot that laptop and get a real computer.  tongue
amarris
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 05:06:00 pm »

amarris, we suggested you change your game resolution to same as desktop but never heard that you tried that before you left the channel yesterday.

We also suggested you shoot that laptop and get a real computer.  tongue

haha, i did change my resolution, same problem, and its on its way to be built, my mb been on Backorder for 3 weeks now!
amarris
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 12:40:06 am »

so i tried putting in a new pak0 in my baseq2, still had the same problem, i also tried scaling the hud size to increase the font size, but its still appears as broken text. Any other things to maybe try r1ch?
wision

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 03:26:10 am »

Check with the whereis command where your console chars are coming from, you probably have some old pak. Eg: whereis pics/conchars.pcx
i don't see answer for that.. did you try it and did you check the file?
amarris
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 06:44:38 pm »

yeah i did try it, hence the new pak0 file which is where the conchars is located in.
wision

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 05:16:48 am »

i'd try to turn off any AA & AF settings.. i've experienced some q2 font problems with that some time ago.
WizOz

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 11:27:36 am »

Try using this pak file it has a custom console character map in it.

* conpak.zip (3.79 KB - downloaded 82 times.)
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: text not drawing completely
Jump to: