r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: r1q2ded(-old) doesn't like OSP's map voting
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: r1q2ded(-old) doesn't like OSP's map voting  (Read 3264 times)
majik
« on: December 06, 2004, 03:22:19 am »

Unless the map you want to vote, is 'q2dm*' (and if it's in the map_file to actually be voted), I'll simply get "Can't find map 'MAP'" (and yes, the map name reported, is in all caps...and minus the ".bsp", of course). o_O

I'm running the latest build #1918. Any ideas? huh

More information:
I've got all of my maps under quake2/baseq2/maps .. I thought about and tried symlinking that to quake2/tourney/maps, but even though the symlink works, r1q2ded-old still refuses to believe the map exists. Sad
majik
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 03:25:24 am »

er.. one last thing.

It does appear, I suppose, that the map rotation 'function' is working..  but it seems to skip over these "missing" / non-q2dm* maps in my map_file. What the heck? huh
majik
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 08:10:51 am »

Oops!  I figured it out..

Basically it's like it says in this thread:
http://www.r1ch.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=317

But, what wasn't (at least directly) covered in that thread, was using q2admin in conjunction with r1q2ded(-old) and having the q2admin option 'gamemaptomap' set to "No". (I'd forgotten all about this option, or just never noticed it before..  I had no clue when debugging this issue, that q2admin was the real culprit here.)

*sigh*

Thanks to JackC though for telling me to try it without q2admin..  I just never would've figured. Shocked  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: r1q2ded(-old) doesn't like OSP's map voting
Jump to: