r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: Blackhole suggestion
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blackhole suggestion  (Read 3670 times)
Anonymous
« on: December 06, 2004, 11:44:08 pm »

The blackhole feature is awesome, it will come in handy for banning those pesky problem makers.  

I would like to ask if you could add a setting.

The regular setting would allow blackholing people

and a second setting would be to either let the server do it automatically and manually, or just let blackholes be assigned manually.  That way we don't run into an issue like I did over the weekend where I blackholed myself and couldn't get into the server.
Weasel

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 10:53:59 am »

In case you don't respond to guest posts, this is my post.  In order for me to blackhole problem players I have to set sv_blackholes to 1 which makes the server not only honor blackholes I set, but also automatically black hole other players.  I don't want the server to do it automatically I want it to be manual blackhole entries only, but if you set sv_blakholes to 0 then you can't blackhole anyone.  So maybe there can be an sv_blackholes 0/1/2  where 1 is the current setting, and 2 is honor blackhole lists but all blackhole entries are made manually.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 11:02:53 am »

Oops, I didn't respond because I thought this was how the behaviour actually was and someone was just confused. I just re-read the code and it seems sv_blackhole 1 is needed to add blackholes at all, when it was ment for only controlling the automatic blackholing. I'll fix that in the next release.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: Blackhole suggestion
Jump to: