r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: b2xxx notes and known issues
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: b2xxx notes and known issues  (Read 2711 times)
R1CH
Administrator

« on: December 19, 2004, 12:40:48 am »

b2742 made it onto the updater Saturday night. Here are some important things you should be aware of if you don't want to read the full changelog:

bancommand, unbancommand are renamed to addcommandban and delcommandban.

A new server var, sv_validate_playerskins is enabled by default to validate player skins before sending them to other clients to fix a few issues with invalid skins causing bad things to happen. A message appears in the console if this happens, you should only turn it off if it somehow conflicts with the mod you are using.

Client and server both load *.pak files now, so be aware if you've renamed any paks to "dontuse.pak" or similar. You can use the 'path' command to view the order in which pak file are searched if you are encountering issues.

The way 'logfile' works has changed since previous builds to reflect the original Q2 method. Logfile values 1 and 3 do immediate updates of the file, values 2 and 4 do buffered updates.

qconsole.log has timestamps enabled by default, use logfile_timestamp 0 if you don't want this.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 02:07:57 am »

FIXED: vid_restart and snd_restart "unknown command" appear in server console on startup.
FIXED: sv_filter_stringcmds causing clients to get dropped on connect.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 09:58:34 am »

b2789 clients will not be able to connect to servers running older versions of R1Q2 unless you set cl_protocol 34. This is not a bug, it's a protocol change in the R1Q2 enhanced "protocol 35". I've broken compatibility a number of times in the past when I had a much smaller user base, so I'm posting this so that people don't start reporting it as a bug Smiley. To connect to an older server, set cl_protocol 34 to use the default Q2 protocol until the server upgrades. Likewise, old clients won't be able to connect to new servers.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: b2xxx notes and known issues
Jump to: