r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: FPS Lag
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FPS Lag  (Read 4884 times)
Erik
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:58:51 pm »

Hey, I just got a new laptop for school and thought I would try Quake 2 again. Trouble is I am getting a ton of fps lag regardless of what my video settings are. Explosions, players moving on the screen. R1Q2 works great but could anyone please give me some tips on how I can reduce my fps lag? I have over 2 ghz of cpu and 3-4 gigs of ram although my graphics come from an integrated graphics chip and I dunno if that is the problem. Also, I am running Windows 7 32-bit. This game is 10-15 years old. Surely my graphics card can keep up?
meh
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 03:23:04 pm »

It doesnt support the features q2 demands. Newer onboard graphs are build on HD movies and such. Older games don't apply.

1 exsample: shadow rendering.

and so on.

yes, you've been scammed as many by this 'brand'
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 11:37:33 pm »

The best tip for onboard graphics is to use gl_dynamic 0, this prevents dynamic lighting which is very slow with integrated graphics due to no VRAM. Other than that, try a client like Q2PRO which has an optimized renderer, the default renderer doesn't take advantage of a lot of features modern cards provide.
Voices{FLP}
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »

I use a asus netbook w/a 1.6G atom cpu. 2G Mem winXP  no problems
You might wanta look at the background process. Q2 only needs a 133Mhz P1 to run
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: FPS Lag
Jump to: