r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: scr_chathud_highlight works great, now how about console?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: scr_chathud_highlight works great, now how about console?  (Read 4933 times)
Lemonzest

« on: December 24, 2005, 05:43:28 pm »

Hiya

thanks for adding this new cvar, would be nice if it could also affect the console (another cvar maybe?)

i'm a big fan of the nocheat 2.40 client, and altho this is a newer client that's updated still (i don't think there is another client except EGL) in terms of hud, ie 12-hour time clock, ping, fps and rate items its a step backwards. now i'm not saying make it  clone of nocheat, but would be nice to add some of those on the hud

good to see you back at work on the clicent, and Merry Christmas

Smiley
X7

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 06:17:42 am »

Setting for the Chathud  shocked

set scr_chathud "1"
set scr_chathud_colored "0"
set scr_chathud_highlight "0"
set scr_chathud_ignore_duplicates "1"
set scr_chathud_lines "4"
set scr_chathud_x "0"
set scr_chathud_y "0"
Lemonzest

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 06:01:44 pm »

X7 i know how to use the scr_chathud* cvars and have it set up to highlight nicks, but would also like nicks in the console for obituary's highlighted like in nocheat.
Elysium

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 10:58:56 pm »

I agree with lemonzest that the nick highlighting feature is a really nice addition to the chathud. It would be welcomed if that feature could be extended to the console chat as well as obituary messages, it's just so much easier on the eyes when reading messages and chat at a glance.

Also, I noticed that an extra character is always added at the end of each chathud message. For the most part this goes unnoticed because the character in question is just filled with the color that Q2 interprets as transparency.

However, there are some players who use a modified conchars.pcx file that fills in various 'empty' sections with colored characters or symbols for use in team messages.

I understand that for the majority of players this is not an issue and somewhat trivial, but if that extra character could be removed from the end of chathud messages a few of us would be thankful :p

Merry Christmas, and keep up the good work.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 11:46:42 pm »

The end of the actual chat message? Do you have an example pic of where this extra char is?
Elysium

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 12:18:41 am »

Yeah, they show up at the end of every chathud message.

I've attached two images to help show this. One is of my modified conchars.pcx file with the 'extra' characters circled in blue that show up at the end of chathud messages, the one that shows depends on the value of the 'scr_chathud_colored' cvar. The other image is an in-game screenshot showing the extra character being attached at the end.

* conchars.png (4.23 KB, 128x128 - viewed 173 times.)

* screenshot.png (588.25 KB, 800x600 - viewed 216 times.)
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 12:49:14 am »

Thanks, will be fixed in the next build.
wision

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 11:26:07 am »

yea... chathud is great, but looks like that scr_chathud_ignore_duplicates doesnt work... is it r1q2 problem or what?
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 05:26:41 pm »

Yup, looks like I broke scr_chathud_ignore_duplicates when I implemented the highlighting Smiley. Go me!
wision

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 10:19:38 am »

hey r1ch... looks like that scr_chathud_ignore_suplicates still doesnt work correctly... (b6377)
WORM.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 11:12:12 am »

Now if you could wrap and confine the text to the side so long lines don't overwrite player identification display.... rolleyes
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 03:59:12 pm »

hey r1ch... looks like that scr_chathud_ignore_suplicates still doesnt work correctly... (b6377)
What other chathud settings are you using?
wision

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 04:22:02 pm »

set   scr_chathud         "1"
set   scr_chathud_x         "3"
set   scr_chathud_y         "395"
set   scr_chathud_colored      "1"
set   scr_chathud_lines      "4"
set   scr_chathud_highlight      "1"
set   scr_chathud_ignore_duplicates   "1"

when i join server it works (for smilies i.e.) but when i start spamming say_team messages it doesnt work anymore (for normal messages too)...
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: scr_chathud_highlight works great, now how about console?
Jump to: