1. I use kali and http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake2/
to check for public posting of the server.
2. Server is on Fedora 4 linux - ISP is comcast (shhh!)
3. Using Q2Admin, R1Q2 and LFire 2.
4. Linksys router port forwarding enabled for 27900-27911
5. The problem also exists when running it on windows without any bells and whistles and WITHOUT THE ROUTER.
6. command line args +set game ctf +set dedicated 1 +set deathmatch 1 +exec server.cfg
7. Players ARE able to connect manually from the internet.
6. Current server.cfg settings:
set hostname "Harvey Miller's Tech Arts CTF"
set deathmatch 1
set public 1
setmaster satan.idsoftware.com:27900 master0.gamespy.com qmaster.planetquake.com 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 205.24
set location "Denver"
I have studied this and other forums/web sites concerning this issue. Applying the suggestions has not solved the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible to put your entry in the master server in an "ignore" state if you are constantly starting and stopping your server while you configure it? I am baffled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.