This will probably be the last release of R1Q2. Hopefully I didn't introduce any regressions, the demo thing worries me as I don't recall how well tested it was but we will see. Unfortunately my Linux build environment got destroyed somewhere in the last few years so I don't have any pre-built binaries for Linux. Sorry.
- Common: Fixed %p / 0x%p inconsistenices in error messages.
- Common: Run "EXEC_NOW" exec commands immediately rather than just dumping into the command buffer. Fixes issue with r1gl.cfg not applying.
- Client: Increased HTTP download to 4 connections by default.
- Client: Fixed another crash that could occur when issuing vid_restart or changing vid_ref while connected to a server.
- Client: Fixed a possible crash in the video menu.
- Client: Hide "ignoring DirectInput mouse" message when using cl_quietload.
- Client: Ignore cl_quietload and vid_quietload if developer 1 is set.
- Client: Check before starting a game from the single player menu that the single player maps are available.
- Client: Improve how demos handle non-recordable (oversized P35) packets. Recording now maintains a last valid delta so a lost demo frame will be recovered and deltas will continue from the last known valid frame. This should fix instances of entity state corruption following a lost demo frame due to invalid deltas. In the instance of many dropped frames or packet loss, uncompressed messages will be written.
- Client: Fix cl_railtrail being set too high causing an error.
- Client: No longer require 1ms per frame, allowing frame rates to be unlimited (previously capped at 1000 fps). Note that extremely high frame rates may cause visual artifacting.
- Client: Prevent quake2:// links from being able to include additional command line options.
- Client: Support for q2proxy, a re-routing proxy to route connection through a 3rd party server in an attempt to reduce latency. Set cl_proxy to the address of the server running the proxy then connect as normal. Experimental, may cause complications with multiple clients from the same IP.
- Client: Improved precache speed when running with vsync on.
- Server: Improved qport handling from multiple clients from the same IP.
- Server: Fix 'required' flag on anticheat-hashes.txt to actually kick clients that fail the hash.
- Server: Include 'port' in response to status or heartbeat messages to help with NAT traversal.
- Server: Configurable rcon brute force protection, sv_rcon_ratelimit cvar to control how many rcon requests to allow per second.