r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Anticheat and Linux i386
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Print
Author Topic: Anticheat and Linux i386  (Read 76048 times)
Bad Sector
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2007, 06:40:58 pm »

First of all, i'm not talking about Anticheat's source, the Mozilla source or the kernel source specifically, but about security not being always equal to having or not the source code. It does matter in some cases but in others it does not.

Also i'm not advocating such a thing, i'm merely saying that modifying a big project is not an easy task so few can do it.

In the case of Anticheat, this applies to that it isn't easy to write a custom PE loader that sends invalid stuff to Anticheat but it also isn't easy to understand the kernel code and where to modify it to have similar results.

In both cases, doing it is hard, but for different reasons.
Angry user
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2009, 02:09:35 pm »

This is just ridiculous!

Is there at least one man on the earth that have an interest to write cheats to game that released in 1997 and played by small amount of people? Even if he/she exists, what the probability of that he/she is 1337 linux kernel haXor?

I have relatively good connection to very few servers and know what? They forcing me to use anticheat, and since I'm not using windows, i equated to the cheaters. That's absolutely sucks. And only person I can blame is you, because admins just enable it as they thinks ohh, that great anticheat module, of course it should be enabled at once, but you not provided anticheat module for all platforms. Okay if you have no skill/knowledge/desire/whatever to write anticheat by your own you must to make it work with wine, but noes, you just doing it wrong, again. Why I can play counter-strike:source on VAC (valve anti-cheat) secured servers under wine and cant with q2pro+anticheated server?

Post a help message that you are looking for skilled *nix coder who can write better anticheat for you or just get rid of that silly anti-cheat project that claims all non-windowsers as cheaters. Its just unfair. Its like allow everyone to shoot any person in red jacket because you doesn't know what they thinking about you.

PS:
I understand that  you did great amount of work for q2 community, but anticheat module is just EPIC FAIL. Sorry for offensive message, but i cant write it in other way. And, yeah, sorry for my weak english.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2009, 03:43:46 pm »

Contact the server admin and explain your situation to try to get an exemption from anticheat. Forcing anticheat on some servers is unfortunately the only way to prevent a significant amount of hacks that would otherwise be undetectable, and yes, in 2009 there are a good number of people who still try to cheat a 12 year old game. I develop the tool for the server admins, it is up to them if they choose to force it and accept the consequences (Win32 only) that go with it. I realise this is a less than ideal situation but at this time it is the only way to ensure cheat-free experience for the majority of the users.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Anticheat and Linux i386
Jump to: