r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: r1q2 and/or r1gl, or bad textures?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: r1q2 and/or r1gl, or bad textures?  (Read 7106 times)
_DOA_MERLYN

« on: April 18, 2005, 03:45:19 pm »

ack, please take a look at these...  is this due to bad textures or something with the client video?

(click images to enlarge)

that's from two different maps on two different servers with two different mods, but happened at the same time just a bit ago...  think this could have something to do with it?  i often run up to 4 separate sessions of r1q2 when downloading maps...  i've been doing it forever, only now seeming to have these graffix issues...

the above sessions are not from today; that was a good day a few r1q2 versions ago...

oh and also, the in-game clock which shows the elapsed time of the map seems to be a bit inaccurate now with the latest version...  will you please take a look at it?  thanx as alwayz...  evil
Bossman

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 06:24:05 pm »

Drugs and quake2 don't mix...JK grin . What happens if you try to watch a video. That could help narrow it down a bit.
_DOA_MERLYN

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 07:26:23 pm »

lol...  grin

do you mean like a DVD or something, or a q2 demo?

R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 08:05:27 pm »

That looks like video memory corruption. Are you overclocking? The fact that some textures are OK but the same texture is also corrupted on other parts of the screen rules out any R1Q2/R1GL problems I would imagine. The in-game timer relies on the server frametime, if the server runs with eg sv_randomframe or other settings, the timer will become inaccurate.
_DOA_MERLYN

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:53:48 pm »

nah i don't overclock...  i did have an old atioglxx.dll in my quake2 folder which i deleted...  also, i changed fs_cache to 5 from 2 after you updated the cvar to a bitmask...  if you don't mind taking a look at my config.cfg, here it is...  is there anything i'm missing or could change to maybe help?

http://www.milech.com/temp/config.txt

here's also a condump of everything loaded...

http://www.milech.com/temp/condump.txt

and yee, the in-game clock was my oversight, I do have sv_randomframe set to 1 on the server, d'oh, lol...

Bossman

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 07:14:21 am »

Yea sorry worked last nite I did mean a Dvd, to rule out quake looks like  a card issue. If you try one something like that happens try relaoding drivers. Also did you try the dll you droped to see if that fixes it?
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: r1q2 and/or r1gl, or bad textures?
Jump to: