r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: OpenTDM Suggestions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Print
Author Topic: OpenTDM Suggestions  (Read 100466 times)
Pogo

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 05:05:06 pm »

I think the most important thing is to eliminate the bugs from previous mods, ie battleground "ghost player" and random crashes, tourney hb-lag/chain wobble and general sucky feeling, tdm crap scoreboard and hand 3 (makes it possible to shoot from places that shouldn't be possible, please dont include this!) Also some more detailed stats like number of armours/powerups picked up during the game etc like cpma for q3 has would be nice. Great idea, hope this works out!
zbone

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 05:27:17 pm »

Pogo, after you tdm is OK if remove its scoreboard and turn off hand 3 Smiley
GT7
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »

zbone, about venon's http://www.tdm.glt.pl/ this is i think like this:
R1CH asked not to copy existing features, but invent new ones. most of things, that ppl are sayin are alrady implemendted in TDM. i still dont understand, why ppl are using BATTLE or OSP, when TDM is imho way, way better

(maybe i'm wrong, if so, correct me plz)

GT7
[BTF]Gator

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 07:19:01 pm »

i only know OSP, and use it on tons of servers.

i'd hate to lose anything it offers at all.  I tend to use about everything OSP offers in one manner or another on some server somewhere.  i'd also like to see this mod be used for ultimate flexibility for FFA.

In short, everything OSP has besides it weaknesses.

Things i'd like to see added:
Configerable Scoreboard, to show fph, kill/death ratio, etc.
Leader Glow in ffa
in eyes spectating

zorg

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 08:31:20 pm »

most of things, that ppl are sayin are alrady implemendted in TDM. i still dont understand, why ppl are using BATTLE or OSP, when TDM is imho way, way better

Maybe that mod is better, but who knows how to set up a server with it?
There is no server readme available, which explains ALL server cvars to configure it correctly.
Only some client commands. But these don't help me as a server operator.

[BTF]Gator

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 09:24:53 pm »

-19:22:41- ([BTF]Gator) interesting post about a new tdm mod
-19:22:51- ([BTF]Gator) http://www.r1ch.net/forum/index.php?topic=1219.new#new
-19:23:01- ([BTF]Gator) i'd love to see ffa supported as well in the same mod Smiley
-19:23:17- ([BTF]Gator) or an ffa version with tons of features
-19:23:23- ([BTF]Gator) if you'd have interest in such a thing in time
-19:23:48- ([BTF]Gator) i love everything OSP offers except its weaknesses, and tend to use all it offers
-19:24:05- ([BTF]Gator) there are tons of things i'd love to add, but they are almost all ffa type things
-19:24:17- ([BTF]Gator) i know you arent asking, but i'll state some ideas here Smiley
-19:24:21- ([BTF]Gator) leader glow
-19:24:25- ([BTF]Gator) configerable scoreboard
-19:24:29- ([BTF]Gator) in eyes spectating
-19:24:33- ([BTF]Gator) saved high scores
-19:25:09- ([BTF]Gator) an AI type "sportscaster"
-19:25:33- ([BTF]Gator) either in large easy to see text, and/or with some kind of .wav files associated with game happenings
-19:25:40- ([BTF]Gator) like large group kills
-19:25:47- ([BTF]Gator) lead changes
-19:26:01- ([BTF]Gator) would make matches/games EXCITING
-19:26:26- ([BTF]Gator) and everyone would feel the energy of what is happening on the server even if they arent on the area of the map to witness it
quadz

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 12:39:13 am »

I'd like to recommend something maybe an alternate behavior to the referee_password.

It'd be cool if some kind of 'one password per ref' (maybe like jumpmod, but with better logging) were available.

Right now, if someone gives the referee password away verbally, it's hard to tell what happened... mysteriously someone new-and-unauthorized appears with the password.

So my question is related to brainstorming about how to improve this?  Maybe a separate password per ref would be one simplistic attempt to curtail the problem.  Not sure?

I dunno if referree 'categories' or 'classes' are necessary, where a password applies to a group as opposed to an individual, but whatever Smiley

Regards,

quadz
GT7
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 01:21:47 am »

zorg: i think if You will ask Venon, he will explain You everything (he is polish server admin)
You can find him at #q2.pl @ quakenet ([SnG]V3non)

or You can just check this TDM mod at one of polish servers (http://serwery.planetquake.pl)
zbone

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 03:08:25 am »

As for me the best way is to take q3 cpma mod and make its q2 analog in rational limits with some added features from original osp, battle or tdm cause lots of brainstorm work was already made by q3 community Smiley
Cato

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 07:47:12 am »

- cl_enemyskin/cl_enemymodel and cl_teamskin/cl_teammodel

- ability to vote maps/timelimit/kick player/tp and so on in both console and menu

- shorter teammessages, example: "say_team i have %h %a" = (player): i have 100h 50a

- 'talk' like in battle/tdm for talking to someone specific, spectators should only be able to 'talk' to others spectators when the match has started to prevent cheating.

- accuracy like tdm

- damage given/recieved/teamdamage

- automatic remove corpses after a few seconds to get rid of some bugs

- forced respawn

- previous match scoreboard like in tdm

- foreseeable scoreboard

- OpenTDM-menu within the Quake2-menu with all mod-specific cvars/settings
Snake

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 07:53:04 am »

Tourney lastscore command, so you can take a screenshot of scoreboard again if console was down during auto-screenshot...
[BTF]Gator

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 07:58:17 am »

cvar for say behavior during match.  Toggle whether to allow mm1 from spectator or not.  Or possibly forced mm2 for spectator.  But a cvar would be nice, and needed in some situations.
zbone

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 08:24:10 am »

And not hide Menu during warmup when u've been killed. Its annoying especially during insta Smiley
monsterkill

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2007, 09:22:46 am »

i second the q3 cpma analogy

as for myself, i would love to see some sort of workable stats Wink
Pogo

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2007, 11:37:08 am »

- automatic remove corpses after a few seconds to get rid of some bugs

Too big change imo, even if this would fix the shoot through floors bug and and double rail damage bug the corpses actually have a point. They are great to shoot at with gl when someone is close to them, and i dont think getting rid of those relatively harmless bugs is worth removing a gameplay element for. (sorry for offtopic, feel free to remove if you only want suggestions and not a discussion in this thread) Otherwise i totally agree with cato, especially about team/enemyskins and talk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: OpenTDM Suggestions
Jump to: