r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: Request for sounds
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Request for sounds  (Read 9843 times)
R1CH
Administrator

« on: September 01, 2007, 01:29:31 pm »

I'd like to implement hitsounds, but I need a .wav files for health / armor hits. These must be copyright-free and preferably licensed under one of the creative commons licenses. Please don't rip sounds from Q3 or Q4, I want OpenTDM to be open in all meanings of the word Smiley. If anyone feels like whipping up these sounds, they should be in 22KHz, mono, 16 bit - or maybe there are free ones hidden on the web somewhere.

I'd also like a Mortal Kombat style "fight!" for match starts, but maybe that's just me Smiley.
adrenaline
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 01:50:12 pm »

they have that fight ish in ra2 rich
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 03:27:23 pm »

Yes, but is it free for taking and under an open license?
PURRI

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:45:26 pm »

Hitsounds would be very nice and more spectator friendly. But you should be able to turn them off if you dont like them. Any new countdown would be welcomed for a change Smiley
cure

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:09:12 pm »

i don't see the point in making massive gameplay changes like adding hitsounds, 10 years after the game has been out. (we've already got q3/q4.)

hitsounds would be an advantage for anyone using them, but i wouldn't want to play with them, since its not quake2 :(. (hence i wouldn't like others to have them either.)
Pogo

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 12:48:18 pm »

Totally agree with cure, hitsounds would be gameplay-altering and people not wanting q2 to sound like toys 'r us will be at a disadvantage. (for example spamming rockets into the water, leaving a grenade on the other side of the map etc you will know if it hit even if you can't see it)
Spam

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 01:05:08 pm »

I also agree with cure and Pogo about the hitsounds!
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: Request for sounds
Jump to: