r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Anticheat on Linux
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anticheat on Linux  (Read 11404 times)
Malo
« on: April 16, 2008, 04:56:37 pm »

There is will be good if any anticheat sources are release. And we can compile it under Linux.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 05:28:06 pm »

If you could compile it yourself, what is to stop you removing all the cheat protection? Unfortunately anticheat must remain closed-source to be functional.
SyNc
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 04:49:53 am »

Hi

It may be free but not open source, this does not imply creating the anticheat.

Indeed, customers (r1q2, aprq2, etc.) can perfectly read a anticheat compiled into Linux, but what are you releasing the source of r1q2?

Please be fair to you who do not use WINDOWS  wink

thx, bye
wision

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 10:23:45 am »

it was already said couple of times that there won't be anticheat for linux since it's dependent on some windows specific API and it's not possible to just compile it under linux.. and also there were some other issues, just click the search button
jago25_98

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 06:43:33 am »

oh no!
I just downloaded Q2 for linux on 3G. But there are no servers I can play on. Perhaps it's time to start a linux only server protected by trust and a password?

Having the code in a compiled form is not a lot of security, as it can still be altered, it just takes longer. Source code would speed the process right up. So in this way the closed source side slows down script kiddies. Anyone with the brains to break the security presumably has better things to do.
An interesting subject.

Server admins prepared to run closed source is interesting. It shows that people are prepared to run something where they have to trust the person who made it. This I find interesting because sometimes these servers are running other things.
So anti cheat sounds like as much as a nightmare as DRM and other security subjects. What about working on identification and whitelisting?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 07:10:59 am by jago25_98 » Logged
beedMync73

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 07:07:32 am »

How work anticheat??
I need something like orginal anticheat but with possibility set up parameters I need only to set my handling.cfg
It is pasible to write something like that ot chenge orginal?
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Anticheat on Linux
Jump to: