r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Anticheat failing to load
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anticheat failing to load  (Read 7934 times)
Mmew

« on: June 26, 2008, 10:12:03 pm »

I did some searching on the forum and couldn't find a problem quite like mine, so I decided to ask.

I play on a server that, a while back, used to not require anticheat, but then implemented it.  I downloaded it and it worked fine for a few months.  Somewhere in that time the server no longer required it but I never really noticed.  A couple months ago I grabbed AVG and it flagged anticheat.dll and stole it away to the darkest depths of my computer from which I cannot retrieve it (AVG won't launch anymore ?.?), at which point I realized the server no longer required it, so I didn't think much of it.

Now, the server requires anticheat again and I can't get it to work anymore.  I've updated the client I use (r1q2) and downloaded the most recent version of anticheat, but all it says is "anticheat failed to load, trying to connect without it" after the green "Loading anticheat. this may take a few moments..." that's inbetween text bars.

Not sure what it is, think it would have something to do with the ports being closed for my router?
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 01:51:53 am »

Make sure AVG is turned off or uninstalled. If that helps, try adding your Q2 folder as an exception.
Mmew

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:40:54 am »

AVG wasn't setup to run on startup or whenever and I had disabled it as much as I could short of uninstalling it, but for some reason it suddenly worked once I uninstalled AVG.  Thanks!
I decided to uninstall instead of making an exception for the q2 folder cause I really have no use for AVG, it's never picked up anything besides anticheat and I hear there's much better out there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:45:23 am by Mmew » Logged
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 02:43:13 am »

Even if the application isn't running, the drivers / service still do. I've submitted the files to AVG to hopefully correct the false positive, but I don't know if it will be fixed or not.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Anticheat failing to load
Jump to: