r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: anticheat module
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: anticheat module  (Read 7507 times)
Mike
« on: August 11, 2008, 06:33:48 pm »

What the hell is up with this anticheat bullshit? I've extracted every single file it says to the proper directory, I've turned off my firewall  I used the updater. I've done everything humanly possible to get this piece of shit to work but no go.  I think this is a really shitty program that is too confusing unless your a pencil protector birth control glasses wearing zipperhead. angry

It always says "anticheat has failed to load" and kicks me from server. You know I get sick of playing against BOTS it would be nice to play a fair game once in a while.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 07:03:09 pm »

Let me just consult my crystal ball to determine what OS, Q2 client,  anti virus, firewall and video card / drivers you are using...
Mike
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:46:17 pm »

I apologize for the attitude in my 1st post I was highly frustrated and venting,  been trying to get this going for weeks now.  sad

MY OS is Windows XP Pro, no anti virus that I know of, XP firewall is "Off" and I just have one of those integrated cards, Savage ddr whatever 32mb

You know the load screen or whatever its called on the game where you usually see v3.20 in the lower right corner? Mine says vR1Q2 (or something close to that) and things are different like the rail gun particles are a different color You got the"ms" next to the ping and the options are different. So I assume it's loaded up right.

Another thing I noticed was when I do the updater, were there's like a check list and it'll say "up to date"  I see in there it says "anti cheat module is not installed" WTF? I installed everything 3 times.

idk what to do now. again sorry for being an ass earlier.

MIKE

R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 08:51:23 pm »

Sounds like you only installed R1Q2 / R1GL - if the updater is saying anticheat is not installed, then anticheat.dll isn't present in your Q2 directory. Download it from http://antiche.at/ and extract it to your Q2 folder. If it somehow disappears again, double check you don't have some anti-virus software interfering, AVG in particular gives a false positive on anticheat.dll. I assume you're using 32 bit XP which should be very compatible with anticheat.

You can also try the r1q2-websetup.exe R1Q2 installer to install everything at once also available at http://antiche.at/.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: anticheat module
Jump to: