r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Help with linux jump server
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help with linux jump server  (Read 7577 times)
Doomy

« on: April 06, 2006, 12:12:05 pm »

Hiya

Just wondered if anyone has the time to help me out with this

..for linux, 60kb. Note, due to a bug in the iD Software Quake II 3.20 for linux, you should rebuild your q2 server from source. Failure to do so will cause a crash when a player joins..

Got the server running on the box but as above describes. I'm clueless on how to rebuild the q2 server from source.

Thanks

R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 01:10:06 pm »

Grab "r1q2ded" from http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1q2/ (not r1q2ded-old) and you should be fine.
Doomy

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:23:25 am »

nice 1 fella . How do i stop the see through skins please
Bossman

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 12:17:39 pm »

If you can't set your server up for whatever skins then your best way would be take the invisable skins out of your server quake2/baseq2/players and quake2/"your mod"/player dir so no one downloads them and do the same for you client machine. Post a message or tell peeps youself to take them out of there also. That way it will default to a skin (grunt I think) that is in the there players dir which they can see. Unless of course they are wanting to use them in which case they can and they won't see them, themselves  but everyone that does not have them will be able see the default skin (grunt I still think it is).

There may be a way to ban the skins also with a cvar and a message but I don't know how that would work once they are in the server.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 06:26:04 pm »

My jump mod makes all players transparent, theres no way to turn it off.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Help with linux jump server
Jump to: