r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: Ability to add gateway binding to ForceBindIP?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ability to add gateway binding to ForceBindIP?  (Read 6474 times)
David
« on: September 11, 2008, 12:02:18 pm »

Hello,

Love the program. I was wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to bind a program to use a certain gateway as well as an IP? I ask because I often VPN into work, and would rather have the majority of my Internet activities not go through the VPN. I tried binding a program to the non-VPN adapter, but that did not seem to have an effect. I would play with the routing tables, but my VPN client software detects any tampering there and shuts down.

Also, how hard would it be to get ForceBindIP to work with Windows Services?

Thanks
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 02:23:47 pm »

Unfortunately I don't think there is an API to force a specific gateway - the Windows routing table picks what it thinks is best - once a packet is sent, there is no further control over it. If it's any kind of decent VPN there should be an option somewhere to not make it the default gateway (the XP PPTP VPN client has this under network / tcpip). The routing tables sound like your best bet but it seems you may be limited by the flaws of the VPN client if it disallows route changes.
Dave
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 08:13:38 am »

How about the ability to bind Windows services to an IP?
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: Ability to add gateway binding to ForceBindIP?
Jump to: