r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: coding question about the CodeRed server browser
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: coding question about the CodeRed server browser  (Read 5806 times)
ding dong

« on: March 05, 2006, 11:59:57 am »

Hello R1ch,

i downloaded the source to the CodeRed browser and tried to modify it for q3, the connection to the masterserver works and the browser is getting data, i modified the number of servers so that there should be space for 512 servers, (if you look at all-seening-eye server browser there should be at all more then 4500 servers reachable). But the proggy stops getting data at exact 133 servers. Then when the proggy try to scan the 133 servers it gets only data back from about 10 - 15 servers. I'm totaly new in network programing, but my idea is that it has something to do with the udp protocol? Any idea what can cause these limits, and how to solve them?

cu -rob
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 08:57:42 pm »

The GSB (and variants such as what I assume the CodeRed browser is) was only designed for scanning a handful of servers for a single mod. There are several limits you may be running into, including UDP packet size, hard coded buffer sizes, maximum threads (GSB spawns off a thread per query!) and other factors. Not having used it on Q3 I can't really help any further.
ding dong

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 10:24:35 am »

Thx u anyways!
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: coding question about the CodeRed server browser
Jump to: