r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: virus
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: virus  (Read 13974 times)
Aazzin
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:14:51 pm »

Why does my Virus software report anticheat as a virus?
wision

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:01:04 am »

http://www.r1ch.net/forum/index.php?topic=1376.msg9306#msg9306
Aazzin
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 07:34:33 pm »

It's a Virus. I don't trust all this anti cheat stuff. The same developers can abuse the code to let their friends cheat anyway. I thought it would be fun loading Quake2 after years of not playing but the asswipes have taken over,,,, as usual.  
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 09:00:26 pm »

It's a Virus. I don't trust all this anti cheat stuff. The same developers can abuse the code to let their friends cheat anyway. I thought it would be fun loading Quake2 after years of not playing but the asswipes have taken over,,,, as usual.  

Don't use ac. Wink
WORM.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 06:50:40 am »

No, anticheat has been instrumental in clearing the "asswipe" cheats from the servers.  tongue
wision

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 08:08:40 am »

easy.. don't play on anticheat forced servers and stop accusing unless you have a proof
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:39:36 pm »

It is a false positive as has been reported before. I have sent notifications to the AV vendors, but they are not very fast at fixing it unfortunately.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 11:33:44 am »

AntiVir and AVG have now removed the false positive as of the latest virus definitions.
stan0x-aq2
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 03:56:02 am »

finaly..............

thanks men ! i was waiting on this for a long time ! evry time i run aq2 i need to reinstall anticheat... but now its fixed thanks again !
kendo

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 04:05:44 pm »

This has only started since i updated my anticheat.dll last week, I sent the file to McAfee for them to check.

Kendo

AVERT Labs - Beaverton                                                               
Current Scan Engine Version:5300.2777                                                 
Current DAT Version:5490.0000                                                         
Thank you for your submission.                                                         

Analysis ID: 5060276

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra
--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----
anticheat.dll       |current detection             |generic.dx                  |Trojan      |no   

current detection [anticheat.dll]                                                                       

The file received is infected and can be detected and removed with our current DAT     
files and engine. It is recommended that you update your DAT and engine files and scan
your computer again.   

McAfee AVERT tm                                                                       
A division of McAfee, Inc                                                             
=                                                             
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 04:36:47 pm »

I've sent a copy too, they have yet to update their detections. For now just tell Mcafee to ignore / exclude it.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: virus
Jump to: