r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: False positive virus detections in anticheat.dll
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: False positive virus detections in anticheat.dll  (Read 26251 times)
R1CH
Administrator

« on: May 23, 2009, 04:41:52 am »

If your anti-virus software shows an alert regarding anticheat.dll, please make sure you have updated your anti-virus to the latest definitions / signatures. If you continue to get an alert, please post the vendor, product name, product version and definition version of your anti-virus software. As of this post I have contacted all major vendors to report their false positives so there should be very few cases left.
glad
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 01:13:16 pm »

MacAfee still picks it up...I can't play worth a damn Sad
Jack
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:02:09 pm »

And AntiVir picks it just add it in the McAfee ignore list and you will never heard from it again.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 03:04:08 pm »

If you are trying to scan anticheat.dll, please do not upload it to multi-scanner sites like virustotal and jotti. These sites share any uploaded files to AV vendors and consider all uploads to be malware, so scanning anticheat.dll using these sites results in even more false positives.

I'll try to work on getting McAfee and AntiVir resolved as these are two somewhat popular products.
Jack
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:08:01 pm »

Sucks when antivirus programs like antivir and mcafee and some others maybe gives warnings from this.
Cant really add anticheat to any installers or packages because normal user would freak out and delete it instantly.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 02:59:49 pm »

Which version of AntiVir and definitions detected the anticheat.dll? I just did a trial install on a VM with the latest version and updates and did not get any detection on the latest anticheat.dll.
Jack
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 03:16:10 pm »

V.7.01.05.247
Mak
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 05:28:58 pm »

Avira AntiVir, updates from 18.12.2009 Sad
Steve
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 02:00:05 pm »

If you are trying to scan anticheat.dll, please do not upload it to multi-scanner sites like virustotal and jotti. These sites share any uploaded files to AV vendors and consider all uploads to be malware, so scanning anticheat.dll using these sites results in even more false positives.

I'll try to work on getting McAfee and AntiVir resolved as these are two somewhat popular products.

Any update on getting around McAfee for the .dll to work?  The newest version of McAfee grabs the .dll and quarantines it automatically.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 10:19:45 am »

No, you'll need to add it to the exceptions list. I've given up trying to get A/V vendors to cooperate.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: False positive virus detections in anticheat.dll
Jump to: