r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: R1GL Hardware Gamma
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: R1GL Hardware Gamma  (Read 6788 times)
bushwakko

« on: April 06, 2007, 07:13:37 am »

Hey I remembered that when using an old 3dfx card, and adjusting the brightness setting, it would apply instantly and the colors would get brighter and not washed out (true hw gamma), however the regular gl drivers you have to apply the setting and higher settings means washed out colors. I also checked out the source of some quake2 client (maybe the old ioquake2 thing) and remember seeing that there actually was some hw stuff in the 3dfx driver. Could you implement this? hwgamma is _much_ prettier, and I remember always loving the look of the 3dfx cards over the new geforces when those came out. I'm sure now, that was because of the hwgamma the 3dfx driver used Smiley

Would be fantastic if you could do this.
zorg

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 05:47:20 pm »

Use increased gamma on driverside, then?
That's the I do it since nVidia TNT1.
bushwakko

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:50:11 pm »

I know that's possible, but that will do it globally, I'm asking for it in-game.
bushwakko

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 07:10:34 am »

r1ch, I talked to you about this on irc a few days back, when I was setting up my server. have you thought/worked any on it since?
Kurgan Dent
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:13:13 am »

Yeah, that really is an important feature, would help a lot, I'm tired of switching my gamma profiles from the driver side whenever I want to play Q2.
bushwakko

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 07:20:25 am »

I know this is over years ago, and that there might not be much development going on, but bump? Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: R1GL Hardware Gamma
Jump to: